Warning: Peppercorn bcn

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

With great disappointment I need to let some of you know that Peppercorn at BCN, which used to be skin safe, and as recent as 8 am this morning was advertised as safe for a variety of skin applications, is now in fact NOT skin safe. I was preparing to use some for body sprays when I noticed the NEW label which clearly states SAFE:CANDLES ONLY - even though the website was still advertising it as safe for skin applications this morning.

I have been suggesting this scent for CP for years now - it really was a remarkable FO in soaps, body sprays, etc.

I contacted BCN and they thanked me for the heads up. I hope to be returning the bottle I just bought for a refund plus credit for return shipping because this is BCN's fault, and at the very least false advertising whether intentional or not.

For anyone who has purchased this recently, PLEASE DO NOT USE IT ON THE SKIN!

I do not know what this scent smells like..but I highly recommend the Pepper and Port from Candle Cocoon. It's a new scent and is skin and soap safe..and does wonderfully in candles and holds well on airfreshener blanks too! I use it in EL Container at 4.5%. It rocks..

I do hope BCN makes it right for you all!

Guest OldGlory

As a follow up, seems the regulations for what is considered skin safe or not has changed, and this is why they changed the label to safe only for candles. Tech support at BCN says the FO did not change.

They are going to refund the FO and supply me with a return shipping label. And they have made some changes to their website (although at this moment they still have some erroneous info posted on the message board). So they are, in my opinion, taking steps to correct this issue.

What they can't undo is the trust I lost, but that's totally my problem - not theirs.

Guest OldGlory

Yes it does, and on the message board you'll still find some suggestions of using it at 1 oz per lb, which was ok when it was 'skin safe'. I found it too strong to use at more than 2/3 oz per lb in CP (and trust me when I say it was super strong at that rate), and around 15% in body sprays.

However, the new label clearly says safe only for candles.