eco wicks?

I have heard such great things about using eco wicks with soy but I have found them to be so horrible, I am afraid I am missing something.

I use GB464 & using it in tins & glass jars. I have tried a ton of different sizes but every time the flame gets scary huge & there is alot of mushrooming & smoke. It is awful. The scent throw with them is amazing though lol

Right now I am using LX and think they are working well. I heard people like to use CD wicks too?

I'm still a newbie, myself, but I haven't had good luck with eco's either. Issues with mushrooming and such. I use igi 6006. I haven't had much luck with the CD's either, but I haven't tried using those particular ones very much. Seems cotton, lx, and htp work better for me personally.

I never had luck with Eco in soy but many have like Deb posted that can direct you better if you chose to stick with them

464 and 415 I have found CD and CDN to perform best- but again that doesn't mean they will for you- if you want to try CD I can try and help with a starting point if you tell your jar size

Eco wicks are pretty much what I use unless I have a FO that won't cooperate then I'll go to HTPs.

It sounds like either your wick is too large for the container or too high a percentage of FO. Also, I start them out cut down to no higher than 1/4". Many times they don't have to be trimmed between burns except a little pinch off. They don't mushroom on me too often unless I go with a too high percentage of FO. They tend to burn a little hot so I don't look for a full MP until the 3rd burn or even a little later to keep them burning good in the latter part of the jar.

HTH and GL

I felt the same way as you regarding the ECO's. But here's what I learned with them...I noticed that the longer my candles (GB464) had cured the more tame the flame was. A beautiful flame at that. As a result, I've even switched from using most of my CD's and returned to the ECO's. Give it a try!