Buttered Biscuit FO

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

I don't remember who I promised to sniff the Buttered Biscuit FO at Aztec, but I was just there Friday and oob sniff tested it. Now - I admittedly have serious candlenose, but if I'm right on top of the bottle I can usually smell the scent.

Can't smell this one oob. I picked up something maybe buttery but not the biscuit part.

I've been tesing that FO in candles and tarts and it is very buttery. Maybe a hint of biscuits. Today it started smelling like a weird cheesy scent after awhile. I'm going to mix it with a Strawberry jam FO and see if it's any better.

Btw- its strong in soy wax candles and melts. At least for me.

Edited by jackbenimble

I don't remember who I promised to sniff the Buttered Biscuit FO at Aztec, but I was just there Friday and oob sniff tested it. Now - I admittedly have serious candlenose, but if I'm right on top of the bottle I can usually smell the scent.

Can't smell this one oob. I picked up something maybe buttery but not the biscuit part.

That was me. I ordered it anyway, and you're right it's virtually nonexistent OOB.

I ordered it too but from the eBay lady. I was concerned it had to do with getting it on there so am glad to hear reports from the rest of you that OOB it is very, very weak.

Did order Strawberry Jam on recommendation of JBN but didn't even want to try thinking the jam would be all that came through. I might get a chance to put it in wax this week to see how it does. I will be using CBL125 with 25% 415.

I'm getting a mild flour note and full on butter, slightly sweet. Smells more like pancakes, though it's very very mild. O well. NOTE: Haven't tried it in wax yet.

I did find a company (Briar Patch Primitives) that has Buttermilk Biscuits FO but I'm pretty sure they're wholesale only. Anyone in the Minnesota area care to check? LOL. Here's their site. Ever order from them? http://www.bppwholesale.com/store/WsAncillary.asp?ID=1

Edited by rctfavr3

I'm in the beginning stages of getting this duped and reformulated for better throw. I'll provide more info as soon as possible. Need to order more of the fragrance I don't have enough left to get it replicated.

EDIT: OK so I'm looking at the price again and with shipping it's a bit much to order a single FO from the site (what can I say, I'm cheap) I have about 1/3 oz left of my FO but need at least a full oz to get it replicated. So, to anyone who hasn't yet poured their bottles down the sink (LOL) I'll be more than thrilled if you would care to donate some; in hopes of getting this reformulated. Thanks in Advance.

Edited by rctfavr3

I agree Lorelei. The one's I've tried do not smell anything like bread to me.

It might be subjective, we all have different ideas of what it should smell like.

I just know when I walk in a store that has a Subway in it and they are baking bread, I could stay there all day long and just sniff LOL.

But then again, every loaf I make at home, smells nothing like that but I love it too , so there ya go LOL

SOS seems to be a good starting point for food scents, 'though their "fresh baked bread" FO is really crappy. Actually it's more cake-like. Far from accurate.

I'm thinking of trying a 50/50 blend of their Rye Bread and Pretzel to see if that gets me closer to a sourdough like bread scent. From their I'll add the remainder of my Aztec's Fresh Buttered Biscuits and maybe even a bit of buttered popcorn to return some of those lost butter notes.

Hope it will smell close to a buttermilk Biscuit. I'll update if it's any good.

Does anyone have any leftover Aztec FO that they aren't using?

For my blend to work I need at least a 1/2 ounce and would prefer not having to order more from their site. TIA.

Edited by rctfavr3