Meneral and spring water in CP

Candybee

I normally use only distilled water for my CP soap-- that is when I am not making a full milk soap.

But I am thinking of doing some salt bars and maybe a spa collection using mineral spring water. Would that be a problem? Would the minerals or trace elements in the spring/mineral water effect my soap? Especially for salt bars.

Also-- I want to explore different types of salt. I remember reading somewhere that regular table salt was the best to use in salt bars but I want a spa type salt bar with mineral salts like Dead Sea or European spa salt.

Any enlightenment on this would be helpful. I am sure I will try it anyway when I am ready to make some salt bars.

Edited by Candybee
I meant "mineral" water in the title.

Dead sea salts absolutely will not work in salt bars, nor will epson salts. I would also shy away from mineral water. You will simply waste money and good supplies on trying to make a dead sea salt bar. Many have tried (including me) and all have failed, even mixing in a little dead sea salt. Fine sea salt is the best to use so you do not get cut with the sharp salt. Himalayan sea salt (fine) makes a great salt bar, but will be pinkish. Following is a pic of a couple of my salt bars

post-13524-139458505174_thumb.jpg

So fine sea salt or himalayan can be used. I will check them out.

Is there really a difference between mineral water and spring? I thought the spring had minerals in it. I am confused on this point.

To clarify I am looking for ways to add more appeal to a salt/spa bar with added minerals. Maybe the way to go is clay?

Has anyone actually tried spring water or mineral water in their cp soap? What were the results? Thanks for any info.

Those are gorgeous!

Dead sea salts absolutely will not work in salt bars, nor will epson salts. I would also shy away from mineral water. You will simply waste money and good supplies on trying to make a dead sea salt bar. Many have tried (including me) and all have failed, even mixing in a little dead sea salt. Fine sea salt is the best to use so you do not get cut with the sharp salt. Himalayan sea salt (fine) makes a great salt bar, but will be pinkish. Following is a pic of a couple of my salt bars

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25238[/ATTACH]