My wax made it...pouring overload! :P

QTsmum

Im super duper excited to have finally gotten my wax! :yay: I have poured :

Grasshopper pie

Pumpkin apple strudel (my last of it! This is amazing!)

Pear spice

Holiday sparkle (love it!)

Pumpkin caramel latte

Amish quilt (yum, yum, yum!)

Mango salsa peach

Christmas tree garland

Cranberry apple marmalade (yum!)

Blue sugar

Brown sugar and fig

Sweet pea (smells better than B&bw's!!!)

I've cut back on my 4627 in the mix but they are still really soft. I've done batches with 1/3rd and 1/4 4627. I think it's my new clamshell too. :(. They are 3 oz if filled to the absolute brim, whereas my old ones could hold more than 3 oz! Makes it harder to break. Seems like they are easier to break if there was space at the top. I really don't want to exclude the 4627 completely. As the HT is just amazing. I wonder if people would mind? Some of them pop right out of the clamshell in one piece and you can just break off a square otherwise you could just stick it in the freezer for a few minutes and snap all the squares. They push up and out beautifully once they are disconnected from eachother. There is no residue on the clamshell, they come out perfect, it's just soft, kwim? I even scored along the cubes with a butter knife and they pop out perfect. It's just literally breaking them! :undecided

Edited by QTsmum

Yeah. 4786 is also soft to me, even though it comes in a slab. I could not break it but yet it was too firm to cut with a knife. It was a mess for me to break up to get in my Presto.

I just am testing some made with 50% 4794, 25% 4786 and 25% 4627. They are a perfect consistency for me.

I plan to do the same combo soon but sub 4625 for the 4794. Just to see.

I am still searching for the perfect wax/wax combo for melts that gives days of scent as others here get!

Yeah. 4786 is also soft to me, even though it comes in a slab. I could not break it but yet it was too firm to cut with a knife

This is the worst to break up. I took it out on the sidewalk and used a small metal ended hammer from the garage but that tore up the plastic. I double bagged it in trash bags and smashed more with the hammer. That did break it up but sure was a workout.

I bought somee 4625 from a guy on eBay. This is hard for me to break up too. Well, it arrived in nice cut squares about 4 oz each. I am figuring he has some type of hot knife that slices through it or something along that line. I may end up looking into something like that if I begin buying/using it in larger quantity.

(( breaking up slab wax in bags ))

What I do with mine , I take the case, put the slabs in a heavy duty plastic storage box from WM ( its white, with the blue attached lid that folds over and hinges together) and I smash and go . I might do one or two slabs at a time , or do the whole box. That way it's in a clean container that I can store it in, smack it in, and have ready. Trust me, those things can take a beating with a hammer and screwdriver if you need to use that LOL