When Testing Tarts in Clamshells Do You Test

Dolphin146

I use the normal size clam that holds approx 3 ounces. I use one cube to test , in a tea light warmer. Then, I will test in an electric warmer.

The reason I do the tea light first is, I want to know just how hard it will throw, and for how long, since the metal tea light warmers I use, get much hotter than the electric. I'm sort of picky that if I can't get at least four tea lights out of them, I rarely carry that scent.

I use the normal size clam that holds approx 3 ounces. I use one cube to test , in a tea light warmer. Then, I will test in an electric warmer.

The reason I do the tea light first is, I want to know just how hard it will throw, and for how long, since the metal tea light warmers I use, get much hotter than the electric. I'm sort of picky that if I can't get at least four tea lights out of them, I rarely carry that scent.

Are you burning Walmart tea lights by chance? I used to make my own which lasted a long time...most of the day with soy wax. Then I decided they were cheaper to just buy at Walmart. Well, I get about 3 hours burn out of each of their tealights so in the long run they really weren't cheaper. Have tons to use up yet b/c I bought out the shelf when I did pick them up since they were so cheap.

Went OT...sorry. I also was testing by tart first in tea light and electric warmers. I'd pour a votive at the same time as one tart by filling the votive holder 3/4 full and the tart ful to almost full. Then woud test in the warmers. If I didn't have good HT in the warmers, I found they also did not work for me when I put a wick to them. So it saved a lot of wasted time doing the tarts first. However, recently I've been testing in the votives only and have got to get back to the tart first as time is ticking away for any late fall or Christmas scents. Had like 75% fail to 25% success.

No, I hate the ones from Wal Mart. They may work for some but every pack I ever got, didn't burn worth a flip, and a lot of time, the wick would just evaporate as soon as you tried to light it, leaving you with a black speck you couldn't light if you had to.

Some of the best burning, cheap ones , I've found, is from ( in order of how well they work for me ) .. 1. Dollar Tree , 2. Fred's (it's like a mini wal mart, don't know where all they are but they cover the south ), 3. Hobby Lobby (big pack of 50 or 100 ) and 4. Family Dollar stores.

No, I hate the ones from Wal Mart. They may work for some but every pack I ever got, didn't burn worth a flip, and a lot of time, the wick would just evaporate as soon as you tried to light it, leaving you with a black speck you couldn't light if you had to.

Some of the best burning, cheap ones , I've found, is from ( in order of how well they work for me ) .. 1. Dollar Tree , 2. Fred's (it's like a mini wal mart, don't know where all they are but they cover the south ), 3. Hobby Lobby (big pack of 50 or 100 ) and 4. Family Dollar stores.

Nice! I have a Dollar Tree about 6 minutes away. No Freds or HL but a FD not too far. Will check them out one of these days I get there and pick up a pack to try. Yes, the Walmart ones do sometimes not even light up. I learned real quick to not trim the wicks on those particular ones. If I trimmed b4 start up they would not burn at all.

I COULD make them out of my "used up melt wax" if I want to ( I save it for fire starters) but I just do not have a steady enough hand to pour that tiny , slow , and accurate. I know it would save me a fortune ( because I usually burn about 4 melts a day, 4 times each) but honestly, I don't want the headache lol