Vanilla help

Joannec

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advise please. I am looking for a really good vanilla but all the ones I have tried seem to lose their scent after 1st burn, they don't lose their scent completely it seems to change and lose the sweetness and then just smell like a cheap vanilla candle.

Any idea why it is doing this? I have tried bcn, daystar and bw.

Thanks

What wax are you using? I've used the Buttercream Frosting from daystar in 4633 and it is very strong and long lasting, and the vanilla bean cookies from DS as well. Birthday cake from Peak is also strong and long lasting in 4633- these have been my favorite Vanilla type fo's so far...

Hello,

Vanilla bean supreme I can't get as flash point is under 200. I will have a look again at daystar.

I use rapeseed wax which is similar to soy. Has anyone else experienced what I mean by the scent changing after the first burn?

Well fiddle ! You can't get the two favorites of mine that I can think of :(

I gotta ask, where do you live ? I'm going to go read up on rapeseed wax. I've never heard of it, but then again, I do everything except candles ! lol

Edit : After looking it up, I see that it's a product in the UK. My daughter goes to the University of Kent at Canterbury.. I might see if she can bring me some of it home this Christmas and mess around with it just for kicks and giggles.

Edited by blacktieaffair

Well fiddle ! You can't get the two favorites of mine that I can think of :(

I gotta ask, where do you live ? I'm going to go read up on rapeseed wax. I've never heard of it, but then again, I do everything except candles ! lol

Here ya go :)

Sounds interesting!

http://www.fratelliparodi.it/en/productsFamilies?order=field_nomechimico_value&sort=asc⊂=28

Yes I did originally start out with paraffin but never got it quite right so I now use rapeseed container wax from 4candles, the cold scent throw is really great and hot throw is great too but I am still trying to get wicking right. I just love vanilla, the sweet bakery type but unfortunately I find that they lose the strength after 1st burn and this was not just the rapeseed it happened in paraffin as well, perhaps it's something I am not doing right.