Scented Animals

rebeccajo99

I was at a show this weekend and actually had time to wander before the show started. Scentsy was there and this person had this cute little stuffed elephant sitting there. I picked it up intrigued and the rep told me that you use their scent packs (which look like aroma beads in a mesh/fabric sachet) and put it inside the animal. You can smell the scent through the animal. I thought this was a great alternative to wax dipping animals.

Does anybody know where you can get animals for this. I found some at bitter creek, but I only saw teddies. I would like other types of critters too.

Thanks in advanced

• 4 weeks later...
Could you get any bear/elephant/bunnies/monkeys and cut a slit and insert then sew back? Probably not huh? I would think after time you would want a way to get it back out to "refresh" the beads =)

You probably could, but I wouldn't know of a way to refresh the beads then either. (Plus my sewing skills are not the best :laugh2:)

You probably could, but I wouldn't know of a way to refresh the beads then either. (Plus my sewing skills are not the best :laugh2:)

Ill second the sewing skills thing hehe =) You could always make the stuffed whatever it is a heroin addict and shoot him up once in a while =) :yay:

My sister just brought me the Scentsy catalog that floated through her work (nurse). The animals are $25 and come with one Scent Pak. You can order Scent Pak's in 15 fragrances and they are $7.00 each.

This is the first time I have seen any Scentsy stuff, but I am a homebody and do most of my sales out of my home/internet/phone. I was just curious to see what they offer. The nursing home where my Sis works let us host an Open House sale last week, and I made amazing sales in the 3 hours we were there. I heard the girl having the Scentsy party (where Sis got the book) actually bought more of my product than she did from the Scentsy party she hosted. I think they have cute, but wayyyyyyy overpriced warmers, and their scents are nothing compared to the hand-crafted options I've seen on CT!

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen the scentsy animals, infact I've never been to a party or smelled their scents. I was trying to think of an alternative to dipping the critters in wax so I started seaching and I found this site for animals that can be stuffed: http://adollysworld.com/teddy_bear_party_unstuffed_animals.html

I was thinking of making a packet of crushed corn cob and aroma beads and fragrance oil and put the packet in the animal (mixing the two would make the cost less). I haven't seen the animal but maybe there is velcro that keeps it fastened then you could change the aroma packet. Has anyone else ordered from them?

I really need to check these animals out!

Sharon

I have seen the animals from scentsy to high priced for me. I wonder with those animals on that website If ounce you close the zipper you can get it open again. It says the zipper locks. I think I am gonna look around and see what I can find I would really love to make some of those cute animals :cheesy2:

According to the instructions on their website, there is a zipper on the belly of each critter. They come unstuffed, so poly filling will have to be used to stuff the animal and leave space inside for aroma beads or other kind of freshener.

Animals come in 8" or 15".

I like how this one has come to life:) Thanks for all of the website sharing. I like the one with all of the other animals, but don't know if I like the idea of stuffing them myself and it sounds like once it is zipped up, you cannot unzip it :sad2:

Hopefully Bittercreek will add other animals.

Shewill5~I love you Christmas Puppy, so... adorable, great job!

Jewls819~Thanks so much for sharing the site. Those bears are really cute. I wonder where the pouch is located.

Thanks SharonKay! It was super easy compared to the labor/mess involved in wax dipped bears. I also thought about put sachets in hats/purses on animals ect???

I'm so glad this thread got started....... Bittercreek's bears look like a nice option to try. Would love to see a pic of the pouch.