Ugly soap????

erinmfritz

Yep, I've got an Ugly Soap Box, and apparently, lately, I've been making new additions to it. :laugh2: These only get used here, or they are stored to long they get tossed eventually. Sometimes I'll give them away to friends if they like the scent

Now, I'm sure you are going to tell me beauty is in the eye of the beholder and blah blah blah. But these are representatives of all the soaps in my family soap box. Now...some of these are testers that I made from 1oz samples and trying new recipes....they are still ugly though. Ignore the Tinkerbell coloring book at the top...my son's Valentine's gift to me. LOL. I like to color...so shoot me. :P

Anyway.... from 9 o'clock and then clockwise

Solas Seabreeze...not sure what the aqua color did...but the partial gel is ugly.

Solas Strawberry (also in the middle and at 11 o'clock)....believe it or not, the colors were a vibrant red and bright white. You can't see the little black poppy seed things in there.

MMS Awapuhi Seaberry....not sure what the white snowflake looking pattern is on all the bars, but it's trippy looking.

Peak's Green Clover & Aloe...in the far far right upper corner....you can't see the DOS in the shot..but there's a little spot of it. I'm sentimental about this one....it was one of my first soaps to actually come out as soap. LOL.

BW Tropicali Tango - This was a tester and I just squirted orange into it so I wouldn't get it confused with the other testers I was making.

MMS Bay Rum...the blue and white ash pit. Also a family tester

BW Pink Pepperberry....the vibrant pink at the bottom...family tester

BW Vanilla Pear....another family tester...I knew it would discolor cuz of the vanilla, but EW.

OK....*I* think they are ugly. So there!

Donna

100_0487.jpg

Solas Strawberry - maybe it's not red in the sense of strawberries, but doesn't look too bad actually. looks like you've got a nice swirl going there.

MMS A Seaberry - is the snowflake design kinda pithy or is it smooth? Love the purple color though.

Bay Rum - hey, that ash pit looks purdy, well, at least the blue. I take it you tried washing some of that ash off? Have you run any of the tops over a shaver?

Pink Pepperberry - I love the color!

Vanilla - yeah, well, what can we say about vanilla. It is what it is unfortunately.

Ok, you've got a couple uglies there, you're in! :yay:

Now, I'm sure you are going to tell me beauty is in the eye of the beholder and blah blah blah. But these are representatives of all the soaps in my family soap box. Now...some of these are testers that I made from 1oz samples and trying new recipes....they are still ugly though. Ignore the Tinkerbell coloring book at the top...my son's Valentine's gift to me. LOL. I like to color...so shoot me. :P

Anyway.... from 9 o'clock and then clockwise

Solas Seabreeze...not sure what the aqua color did...but the partial gel is ugly.

Solas Strawberry (also in the middle and at 11 o'clock)....believe it or not, the colors were a vibrant red and bright white. You can't see the little black poppy seed things in there.

MMS Awapuhi Seaberry....not sure what the white snowflake looking pattern is on all the bars, but it's trippy looking.

Peak's Green Clover & Aloe...in the far far right upper corner....you can't see the DOS in the shot..but there's a little spot of it. I'm sentimental about this one....it was one of my first soaps to actually come out as soap. LOL.

BW Tropicali Tango - This was a tester and I just squirted orange into it so I wouldn't get it confused with the other testers I was making.

MMS Bay Rum...the blue and white ash pit. Also a family tester

BW Pink Pepperberry....the vibrant pink at the bottom...family tester

BW Vanilla Pear....another family tester...I knew it would discolor cuz of the vanilla, but EW.

OK....*I* think they are ugly. So there!

Donna

100_0487.jpg

all you need is a soap planner and you can just slice a thin layer off the tops and those would be perfect soaps. :highfive:

*taking notes*

Get huge box for my ugly soaps. LOL

I think all of the soaps in that picture look beautiful. I'm sure if they were ugly it's because you make better looking, but I wouldn't call those ugly! If the scent and effect they have is magical, I'd pay a lot for ugly soaps anytime! :)

I got a gift of some soap from a frend who has prim stuff. OMG the soaps look much uglier than the ones in the picture, and people pay for them because they look "prim". Those browns especially look prim to me. and pretty prim! :)

I like Cacti's soaps. She was my secret santa and we're still using them! LOVED the star-shaped one and the cool citrus basil is wonderful...

To me, cleansing is more important than appearance, as well... but I'd like to make some soap soon. I've got some of the ingredients already. Gonna try lotion first, or that body frosting, I think. :)

Hey Angel, think most of those poor soapies need to be taken out of the ugly box, they are definitely NOT ugly! I really really love both the blue ones, the fuschia one is awesome, and love the purple one also!

Poor little soapies, you're giving them a complex, and think you should send them to me who will appreciate them and give them the respect they deserve! :D LOL