EcosoyaPB, IGI 4794 or ??

quietgirl2004

Ok Im looking for a new wax for tarts. After reading one of the threads I have a few questions maybe you all could help with. Please give me some comparisons on these two waxes or offer me some other choices. Which throws better? How much fo do these waxes hold? Im looking for a single pour that throws great. What do you suggest and why?

I've tried IGI 4794 and didn't like it at all couldn't get a good scent throw or one that would last at all. I just poured some tarts this morning using Ecosoya PB and will test those in a couple of days. I really like KY's votive/tart wax but shipping from KY to WI is just getting to be too much. I'll let ya know in a couple of days what I think of the Ecosoya PB. I've also tried JS 50/50 votive wax, it's nice but not real strong or as long lasting as I'm looking for.

HTH

quote=quietgirl2004;732446]Ok Im looking for a new wax for tarts. After reading one of the threads I have a few questions maybe you all could help with. Please give me some comparisons on these two waxes or offer me some other choices. Which throws better? How much fo do these waxes hold? Im looking for a single pour that throws great. What do you suggest and why?

I have had no problems with Ecosoya pb...the tarts turn out really nice , colored and not colored both look great, and scent throw is awesome...also they release out of the molds great...you do have to wait for them to cool, but that is normal :) Also, Ecosoya PB is a one pour wax :)

Hope this helps some,

Jessica

No re-pour, and the finish on the tart is smooth and creamy looking with the KY wax. I just checked on the tarts I made this morning with the Ecosoy PB. Very slight dip in the middle but nothing I would bother to do a re-pour on. They fell right out of the tart molds and smell wonderful, now to wait a couple days to burn them. Anyone ever burn them right away?? Not sure if I can or want to wait they smell so good. lol,

HTH

Cindy, what is the finish like on the KY? Do you need to do a repour?

I'm not saying no throw but just not real strong as KY's always gives me and what throw I got just didn't seem to last as long. I'm finding the same thing with the Ecosoya PB too. I think I'm just going to suck up the shipping cost to me from KY and stay with it. It's the best I've found IMO

Cindy

I'm not saying no throw but just not real strong as KY's always gives me and what throw I got just didn't seem to last as long. I'm finding the same thing with the Ecosoya PB too. I think I'm just going to suck up the shipping cost to me from KY and stay with it. It's the best I've found IMO

Cindy

Your not having much throw from Ecosoya PB?

No not really, Not sure why seeing alot of people use it, the same with the 4794. I guess I just got spoiled with KY's. IMO it's the best!! How long is everyone letting their melts cure with either wax? I've let mine cure for 4 days and some much longer than that.

Your not having much throw from Ecosoya PB?

• 1 year later...

Anyone tried mixing these two waxes together? I have heard such rave reviews from you all about KY's, but I cannot afford the shipping. My local supplier is Lone Star....I have tried a 50/50 blend of PB and 4733 for tarts..they smell great, but the wax does not pop out of the burners like they should. Also when I lower the paraffin in the tart recipe, the HT decreases. Just curious if anyone has tried the PB and 4794 combo with good results. Thanks in advance.

Wow, first time I have heard about no throw with 4794. I use it alone or mix it with CB. Tarts last a couple days in a lot of scents.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is CB? I also use 4794 and have problems getting the scent to last more than a few hours. Thanks!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is CB? I also use 4794 and have problems getting the scent to last more than a few hours. Thanks!

Not stupid. CB usually refers to container blend. If you have some soy on hand, try blending it with your paraffin for tarts. I use 4794/soy CB blend for clamshells and really like it.

I've always used The Candle Source and love it; it works with most of the FOs I use. Problem with that wax is that it's available from one supplier only, and the shipping is becoming ridiculous, so....

Lately I started experimenting with the 4794 mixed with soy and I just may have found a new formula. Phenomenal HT, long lasting (again, with all the FOs I've tried so far).

I tried Ecosoya PB in the past, but it was a real dud for me, no CT/HT whatsoever; I ended up selling it, and good riddance, lol

I tried the KY parasoy for tarts; it threw alright with several FOs, but never did get very strong throw and it would fizzle out after a few hours.

Of all the soy waxes, the best HT I got so far is from the GB415.

As you can see, one wax that works for one person may prove to be just a big headache for another:laugh2: Buy small quantities and experiment for yourself. :smiley2: HTH

Not stupid. CB usually refers to container blend. If you have some soy on hand, try blending it with your paraffin for tarts. I use 4794/soy CB blend for clamshells and really like it.

May I ask what percentage you use when you blend 4794 with CB? I have both PB and CB on hand. I was mixing 50/50 with PB and 4733 but the mix was too soft and does not pop out of the burners. I have to dig the old wax out. Thanks again ;-)

Tomara,

I blend 4794 50/50 with a container blend that has a melt point of 120-125. This blend will not pop out of a warmer by itself at room temp. The reason being is that if your melt point is too high, then it may not melt completely in different warmers. I have no problem with mine melting, and have great HT. To remove I pop in the freezer for a few minutes first; then they pop out.

Go ahead and try blending your 4794 with PB to see if you like the results. If you do, give some to family and friends to try to see if they have problems melting in their warmers. I would make certain to have someone try them in a Scentsy warmer, if Scentsy in big in your area. Different warmers melt at different temps. I think you should have good results with either blend, CB or PB, but you'll have to determine which you like the best. HTH

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it...Scentsy is very big here. I have a burner as does my family. They just want me to supply the tarts ;-)

I may keep my blend of 50/50 PB and 4733. It does work well.

I will get some 4794 the next time I get out to Lonestar and try it out.

Thank you again!!

:)
:)Thanks, I do have the container blend I'm using 4630. I'll have to try that!

:)

I've always used The Candle Source and love it; it works with most of the FOs I use. Problem with that wax is that it's available from one supplier only, and the shipping is becoming ridiculous, so....

Lately I started experimenting with the 4794 mixed with soy and I just may have found a new formula. Phenomenal HT, long lasting (again, with all the FOs I've tried so far).

I tried Ecosoya PB in the past, but it was a real dud for me, no CT/HT whatsoever; I ended up selling it, and good riddance, lol

I tried the KY parasoy for tarts; it threw alright with several FOs, but never did get very strong throw and it would fizzle out after a few hours.

Of all the soy waxes, the best HT I got so far is from the GB415.

As you can see, one wax that works for one person may prove to be just a big headache for another:laugh2: Buy small quantities and experiment for yourself. :smiley2: HTH

:)Ravens, can't wait to see how your experiment goes! Heard your tarts were the bomb, ha!ha! so I'll have to try what your doing. All this is so exhausting trying to find a good tart with long lasting ht. It's so competative in our area that to have a chance at selling a decent candle or tart you have to make something that is strong and last long. Won't give up and know together we can all come up with the perfect tart! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!:yay: