no bubblies

gozma

Some years back at the Gel Candle Convention in Vegas there was a machine that removed bubbles there...I remember thinking it looked just like they had taken the lids from one of the commercial food saver systems and attached it to some pieces and parts...As I recall the food saver systems (where you suck the air out of the freezer bags) had attachments that went to cannisters and you could suck the air out of the cannisters. Never got around to trying it though...

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i have an oven just for my gel candles and once poured i put them in a pre-heated oven at 50-60 degrees for aprox 1-1.5 hous depending if i want bubble free of a few bubbles ps it a lot cheaper than a machine neddless to say keep an constant eye on them while they are in the oven

When I first started making candles I made gel candles...the gel wax supplier told me to make candles with bubbles to pour cooler and high..

no or fewer bubbles pour hot and lower...It's been a few years now since I have made them but I do remember that as I had a school fundraiser for my first account! I prefered the bubbles...but to each his own.

Kimmeroo