Bitter Creek

ncraiders

I like a lot of fragrances from BC. What type are you interested in?

Their crushed ginger is spot-on and super strong.

Dreamweaver is the best incense type I have ever smelled... Ok, maybe #2 to Candlewic's Voodoo Love, but it's pretty amazing.

The surplus Basil Nectarine is fantastic, heavy on the basil, and perfect for summer. Also super strong!

They have a lot of great, powerful fragrances. 

1 hour ago, Scented said:

Do you like any particular scents?

lol honestly i don't buy to much in the way of candles.  We either have the more expensive yankee candles in limited scents or the overly cheap walmart brand candles around.  I never wanted to buy the cheap candles and i can't see paying $20 for a 16 oz candle.  So i decided to make my own candles as a hobby.  Since i do not have any particular scent types i was just trying to get some ideas on ones people liked that i could try out.  The only candles i have really been around are ones with cinnamon like apple cinnamon plain cinnamon and apple pie.  Family have bought those in the past.

3 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I like a lot of fragrances from BC. What type are you interested in?

Their crushed ginger is spot-on and super strong.

Dreamweaver is the best incense type I have ever smelled... Ok, maybe #2 to Candlewic's Voodoo Love, but it's pretty amazing.

The surplus Basil Nectarine is fantastic, heavy on the basil, and perfect for summer. Also super strong!

They have a lot of great, powerful fragrances. 

I have a few in my wish list that i am looking at getting 1oz samples of.  Picked those based off of things i like the scent of and a few i pick because i think a few family members might like them.  I didn't wanna click on every fragrance to get a description of them.  Plus sometimes i don't understand the description of them even after reading it kinda like dragons blood.  without actually getting a bottle i wont know at all if i will like it as the description is like reading chinese.

Blackberry

Cedar Wood

Georgia Peach

Home Sweet Home Type  (this one i am sure i will like since i like the yankee candles scent)

Fresh Cut Grass

Lemongrass

Fresh Rain

Was also debating on picking up there version of dragons blood and pink sugar to test

5 hours ago, ncraiders said:

I have a few in my wish list that i am looking at getting 1oz samples of.  Picked those based off of things i like the scent of and a few i pick because i think a few family members might like them.  I didn't wanna click on every fragrance to get a description of them.  Plus sometimes i don't understand the description of them even after reading it kinda like dragons blood.  without actually getting a bottle i wont know at all if i will like it as the description is like reading chinese.

Blackberry

Cedar Wood

Georgia Peach

Home Sweet Home Type  (this one i am sure i will like since i like the yankee candles scent)

Fresh Cut Grass

Lemongrass

Fresh Rain

Was also debating on picking up there version of dragons blood and pink sugar to test

I haven't tried any of those specifically, but it looks like a good list! Personally, I have regretted ordering any version of fresh cut grass, while I enjoy the smell on lawn-cutting day, it just hasn't translated well into a candle for me. But I know others like it, and many use it as a mixer, so it might be worth a go. It could be a nice mix with the fresh rain!

If you've never smelled Dragon's Blood, you might want to hold off on that one. It is a strong incense type that most either love or despise. I happen to love it, but I am crazy for patchouli, musks, ambers and woods. It's definitely an acquired taste. 

Pink Sugar is always a good bet! 

HTH!

On 5/12/2018 at 12:27 PM, ncraiders said:

lol honestly i don't buy to much in the way of candles.  We either have the more expensive yankee candles in limited scents or the overly cheap walmart brand candles around.  I never wanted to buy the cheap candles and i can't see paying $20 for a 16 oz candle.  So i decided to make my own candles as a hobby.  Since i do not have any particular scent types i was just trying to get some ideas on ones people liked that i could try out.  The only candles i have really been around are ones with cinnamon like apple cinnamon plain cinnamon and apple pie.  Family have bought those in the past.

That's fine. I was just going to try to suggest based on your preferences :)

Of what you have on your list I have tried Home Sweet Home which is good and strong, Fresh Cut Grass which is very weak and did not really smell like grass to me and Georgia Peach, which is also very good.

I love their Lemon Pucker, Hot Maple Toddy, Lilac Bush, Mistletoe, WYW Sage & Citrus, Sleighbells, for candles and melts.

For incense I use their Jasmine, Dragon's Blood, China Rain, Nag Champa, and Opium. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

Of what you have on your list I have tried Home Sweet Home which is good and strong, Fresh Cut Grass which is very weak and did not really smell like grass to me and Georgia Peach, which is also very good.

I love their Lemon Pucker, Hot Maple Toddy, Lilac Bush, Mistletoe, WYW Sage & Citrus, Sleighbells, for candles and melts.

For incense I use their Jasmine, Dragon's Blood, China Rain, Nag Champa, and Opium. 

I would love to try dragons blood but i am leary of trying it since a lot of people say it is a strong scent. So I have taken it off my list of what i am looking to order cause i would prefer not to waste money on something i wont want to use.