Who has an amazing Jasmine and/or Neroli?

Tony

I’m not huge on florals,  but I would love to add either Jasmine, Neroli, or even Champaca to my line.  I’m really looking for a deep musky high end smelling Jasmine. A lot of the jasmines I find smell very synthetic and not very appealing. If you have ever smelled this incense you will have an idea of what I mean by musky. In Neroli, I’m looking for something that smells  natural. Most of the ones that I have found are very synthetic smelling.  I have never really found one That smells natural. Any suggestions would be great!

EEA9C775-1826-40EC-8D6D-44F8C6F890A4.jpeg

Edited by Tony

This is a bit outside the box, but the jasmine fragrance oil by "NOW" foods brand is very heady, very strong and apparently very nice to people who like jasmine. I can't really comment on the last bit as I am not very into florals, myself, but the people in my social circle who like florals think it's awesome for potpourri and other small aroma things I have made. I have only ever bought it off amazon pack of 2 bottles 1oz each for $11, don't know there is a better deal elsewhere.

However the downside is that I don't feel comfortable using it in any skin products because the company is not forthcoming about what is in the fragrance oil (like phthalates or nah?) and doesn't give any dilution recommendations at all. They are a bit sketch, like most EO and FO sellers on amazon lol. I'm a bit of a whatever person when it comes to putting stuff on my own skin, but I am more serious about safety when it comes to stuff I make for other people. If I can't empower people to make their own health decisions, i.e. I can't inform people about what is in an item, then I don't feel comfortable having them slather it onto their body.

I checked to see what your profile says you make and saw candles, though I figured I would mention it.

So anyway though for potpourri, car fresheners and little candles it is really strong and apparently smells really good to people who like really feminine heady floral stuff. I have tried getting jasmine FO from more reputable companies for people who want it in skin care products, but have noticed the same sort of perfumey/soapy quality. Most recently I tried waterlily/jasmine FO from rustic esentuals. It doesn't smell bad at all, but has a more perfumey laundry detergent kind of quality to it as opposed to rich/heady. 

• Like 1

That’s interesting. I may be down to give them a try. I love the smell of jasmine but some of the oils can be just awful. One of your Previous posts inspired me to place an order with Bulk Apothecary. Based on your post it seems like we have very similar tastes in fragrance. I’m looking forward to receiving my order LOL

4 hours ago, Tony said:

That’s interesting. I may be down to give them a try. I love the smell of jasmine but some of the oils can be just awful. One of your Previous posts inspired me to place an order with Bulk Apothecary. Based on your post it seems like we have very similar tastes in fragrance. I’m looking forward to receiving my order LOL

Ooo which ones did you order, if you don't mind sharing? So many were sold out already when I went to try new stuff during their black Friday / cyber Money sales, so they still have some that I want to sample when I do my next round with them. I'll be looking forward to your reviews! 

I know what you mean about being sold out. A few of the ones I wanted to try were sold out. These are the ones that I ordered: 

Black fig and Honey 

Cardamom  Cedar blossom

cedar leather

cherry tobacco

Egyptian dragon

fern and Champaca  

lily-of-the-valley

Patchouli saffron

sandalwood and amber

sandalwood rose

The Vert

I am excited to get them and give them a sniff. Now let’s see how long it takes me to get them into wax LOL 

48 minutes ago, Tony said:

I know what you mean about being sold out. A few of the ones I wanted to try were sold out. These are the ones that I ordered: 

Black fig and Honey 

Cardamom  Cedar blossom

cedar leather

cherry tobacco

Egyptian dragon

fern and Champaca  

lily-of-the-valley

Patchouli saffron

sandalwood and amber

sandalwood rose

The Vert

I am excited to get them and give them a sniff. Now let’s see how long it takes me to get them into wax LOL 

Nice! Curious how those 2 sandalwood ones do outside the bottle. I love their patchouli saffron, it's like earthy and warm incense, reminds me of something but can't quite put my finger on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo.... finally have a second to post LOL. I really like all of th scents OOB. So I have tried 4 of the fragrances in Parasoy. I can definitely see that I will need to wick up with these oils. The ones I have tried are The Vert,  Cherry Tobacco, Sandalwood Rose, and Patchouli Saffron. 

The Vert - I love this fragrance but the hot throw is very weak. It really reminds me of the one Daystar carries but much lighter throw.

Cherry Tobacco - it has a decent hot throw but I don’t smell much Tobacco, just cherry

Sandalwood Rose - I love Sandalwood Rose!  This one has a strong throw, but it’s almost sickening. I really wanted to like it. 

Patchouli Saffron  -  Nice scent but too light. 

I will post more as I try the others. 

• Like 1

I am also not really into florals, but I really like the Champaka from Nature's Garden. It is very heady with an incense type bottom, and it is killer strong. I've used it in soap, shampoo and conditioner, perfume, wax tarts and incense, and it has performed well in all aplications.

My only complaint is that it is so strong, I get tired of it quickly and find I want to rotate it out sooner than some of my other fragrances. But that could also be a general preference thing.

12 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I am also not really into florals, but I really like the Champaka from Nature's Garden. It is very heady with an incense type bottom, and it is killer strong

That sounds interesting. I love Champaka. I really love most incense type fragrances. I have never used any of Nature’s Gardens oils. Are they generally good hot throwers in parasoy?  

16 hours ago, Tony said:

That sounds interesting. I love Champaka. I really love most incense type fragrances. I have never used any of Nature’s Gardens oils. Are they generally good hot throwers in parasoy?  

My wax blend is about 90% paraffin, so my results may not be the same as yours, just FYI. :)

My experience is that they have a lot of great throwers and some that are not so great. Pretty much like every vendor. Their Narcissist, which I love, did not throw well at all for me at 8%. Their Moonflower, which I despise, was eye-watering strong at 7% for me. So it really depends. 

They do have many oils that I absolutely adore, and their selection is huge, their prices are good, and they always have great shipping prices. They are one of my top four vendors.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 11:22 AM, Nickie said:

Flaming candle has a straight jasmine fragrance that is crazy strong. Might give it a try. 

Funny you should say that because I had ordered a few oils from them and just finally got around to putting them in wax so far loving what I smell 😊. I will definitely check out their Jasmine!  Thank you. 

On 12/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, Tony said:

Patchouli Saffron  -  Nice scent but too light. 

Did you find it was too light straight out of the bottle, or too light in candle throw?

Sorry it was too light, that sucks! I think I have it easy making mostly solid lotion/perfume, yall seem to go through some craziness trying to find good candle throw FO. 

4 hours ago, NaughtyNancy said:

Did you find it was too light straight out of the bottle, or too light in candle throw?

Sorry it was too light, that sucks! I think I have it easy making mostly solid lotion/perfume, yall seem to go through some craziness trying to find good candle throw FO. 

Out of bottles they were all great! It was a hot throw that was light. Yeah, getting a good hot throw can be a challenge. Too bad though I like the scents. 

On 1/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, Tony said:

Funny you should say that because I had ordered a few oils from them and just finally got around to putting them in wax so far loving what I smell 😊. I will definitely check out their Jasmine!  Thank you. 

I've been testing more from

them lately and I'm liking tons of their oils too!