Shana

Hey guys I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly...if not please guide me in the rite direction❤️I'm wanting to start making my own wax melts and there are so many products and info it makes me nervous.Can someone please tell me their opinion on what wax they like most and things I may want to take into consideration with different products.Any help is appreciated.Thank you❤️

Shana the best advice I can give you is to find a supplier close to you (shipping can be a killer) and start with a kit with the type of wax you want to use and go from there.  This will give you a bit of experience to continue buying your own products and experimenting.  Just remember to have fun!!  :)

• Like 4

I agree with ChrisR ... find a supplier thats close to you or even local. If your out east check Candle Science (CS) they have excellent service and quality oils.

Also look on Candlewic, I believe they have starter kits. Not sure about out west suppliers besides brambleberry and Pure fragrance oils.What state are you in ? I forgot to add Natures Garden (NG) 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shana said:

Thank you❤️So much you guys I'm in Ca.Excellent advice on the local and shipping info❤️ And the breakdown of all the abbreviations I see too?

OMG... The abbreviations, the acronyms... I'm a gov. employee and this place makes MY head spin.  So the most common ones that I've seen Are:

RE (Rustic Essentials)
CS (Candle Science)

NG (Nature's Garden)

CD (I have NO IDEA...)
FP ( Front Porch Candles)

WSP (Wholesale Supplies Plus)
BB (Bramble Berry)

CG (Camden Grey)

BA (Bulk Apothecary) 

LS (Lone Star Candle) 
ICS (Indiana Candle Supply) 

SC (Sweetcakes)
ND (New Directions)
SoS (Save on Scents)

JS (Just Scents)
(BW) Back Woods)
FMC (Fillmore Containers) 

BCN (Bitter Creek North) 

Still have no idea who or what CD is...

Perhaps' It's redundant to post this again, but I like to see the reminder every now and again of WHO is currently talked about the most.

Slainte,

Sponiebr 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, start shopping locally for your supplies. That's how I started, then  I discovered companies online, I started to order from them. They had cheaper prices, but my problem back then was if I forgot to order something, or didn't know I needed the ingredient, I had to wait for it to be shipped and that was really,, really hard for me to do. I didn't like having to sit and look at my candle making things knowing I had to wait a few days to a week to get my order. Yep, I got addicted that quickly. It also helps to build a relationship with local candle supply stores, if you need some type of special mold or another specialty product, they will be more likely to work for you and with you.