Looking for a crochet soap saver pattern

kandlekrazy

Seem to have lost my pattern, (I'm going with the dog ate it) it was so super easy.  I don't even have one here to try to replicate.  I really need easy peasy because my hands are bad.

If anyone has one that would be willing to share I'd be super grateful!  Mine was all or almost all single crocheted.

Thanks so much!  I have found one similar to that nursenancy but it's too difficult.  I need really easy  I may just try to create my own pattern.  I have difficulty with the round patterns.  I'd rather make it flat and then slip stitch it together.

Edited by kandlekrazy

I couldn't find my pattern, but that's basically what I do, is make a small washcloth type and then just crochet it together like I would pieces of an afghan. LOL 

But my pattern is different than the ones I make. But only slightly. I'll still look for it, I know it's around here somewhere, and if I find it, I'll post it for you. 

On 11/5/2016 at 7:27 AM, Jcandleattic said:

I couldn't find my pattern, but that's basically what I do, is make a small washcloth type and then just crochet it together like I would pieces of an afghan. LOL 

But my pattern is different than the ones I make. But only slightly. I'll still look for it, I know it's around here somewhere, and if I find it, I'll post it for you. 

Thanks.  I have a dishrag pattern that I made up and I'll use that and just sew it up and make a drawstring and that will do for now, lol.  I wanted some for Christmas because soap is selling like crazy lately for Christmas gifts.

• 8 months later...

My pattern is make a chain of 10 with a large hook - I use a K.  Now put a half-double crochet in each chain (leaving the two chains closest to the hook free) so you end up with 8 hdc.  Now go around the corner and put 8 more hdc in the free loops of your beginning chain.  When done, this round will have 16 hdc.  Then slip stitch into the top chain of those two free chains you left at the beginning.

( Chain 2 and put a hdc in each of the hdc's in the previous round.  Slip stitch into the top of your chain 2 to finish the round. )  Repeat the steps between parens until your soap saver is the height you want. 

For the top round, Chain 2 and put a hdc in the first hdc from the previous round.  (Chain 1.  Skip a hdc and put a hdc in the next hdc.)  Repeat steps between parens until you've made 8 hdc's in the top row.  Slip stich into the top of the beginning chain.  Finish off.

Now make a chain about 65-75 long for the drawstring.  Finish off.  Weave into the top row and you're done!