Parasoy or IGI 6006 cure time?

Yes to both.

Depends on the FO. Sometimes it works just fine after a couple days.

Other FO's need longer.

This is very rough guideline, but its been my experience so far....

Need less time -  rich bakery scents

Need more time - light floral, citrus

Consensus seems to be all over the place, but in my experience, anything less than 1 week is not enough.  Two weeks is ideal.  Obviously, the throw is a concern, but another concern is the way the candle burns.  I have noticed a significant change in the way a 6006 candle burns at the 2-3 day mark versus the 1 week or 2 week mark.  When I first started working with this wax, I got so disgusted.  I thought it was a temperamental wax that was a pain to wick.  One wick was too small but the next size up was too big.  I just couldn't get a handle on it.  I had a lot of candles stored on a shelf waiting to be melted down that didn't pass the initial burn test.  Before melting, I lit a couple, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that what didn't cut it on the first burn was perfect after a longer cure.  It proved to be true for many of them.  I still get impatient and burn too soon sometimes, but I learned not to really judge the performance until the 2 week mark.  It's a pain to have to wait, but it saves a lot of time in the long run.

• Like 1