JS 50/50 & KY tart/votive wax ?

Cindy/WI

OK I thought I read somewhere that these are the same wax, of you've used both waxes what do you think are they the same? I need to order more tart wax but if KY's is the same as JS then it would be a lot cheaper for me to just order from JS. TIA!! Cindy/WI

• 4 years later...

I understand this is old, but figured it would help people like me that are still testing wax blends and newbies.  The KY tart wax and the JS tart & votive are the same for sure.  I think even Maple Street Silver 500 may be the same as RE/AH and JS.  The all have the same MP, suggested temp for adding FO and granulated form.  However, I am not sure how each supplier is able to market at different ratio percentages.  I heard RE/AH is 70/30, JS states 50/50 and MS claims 60/40. :confused:  They just love making it harder for us lol.  On another note, I have heard some that get excellent results and some that said it didnt make the cut to their liking.  So even if it is decent, we all still need to test, test again and test some more to find what works the best for each person.  

• Like 1

Lets add to the confusion that The Flaming Candle has "Problend 650 votive and tart wax".  Same MP, FO % load and granular form.  They claim though, it is 52 soy 48 paraffin.  Grr!  Either way, Flaming and RE/AH got good reviews on the wax and are the same price, so only shipping would be different.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...