A Candle Party

cable_stacy

I am interested in throwing a candle party to attract more customers. My problem is I do not want to have this party in my own home, I do not feel I have the space. I dont really have any friends or family that I am comfortable asking to "use" their home. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I use your house??:D

Thanks,

Stacy

Guest EMercier

I've had several home parties and I've never used my house. I've just had conversation with people and tell them I do them and the benefits of them and how I was trying to get myself out there and they volunteered. One was a college classmate, others were co-workers and it stemmed from there. If you have people doing "Girls Night In" ask if they mind if you bring your candles. You kinda have to speak up and get out there. I was shy about that at first, but I let everyone know. People love my candles so, I let mroe and more know I make them. Just start with a family member, trust me, they are always willing to help, you just have to hint or ask without asking. If you k now what I mean. Friends will be more than supportive if you let them know what you are trying to do, you might be surprised as to how many will do a show in their home for you. Never hurts to ask, what are they going to tell you, no. OK, then you keep moving.

If you don't have a "home" to use for your first party, maybe you could check into renting a small hall somewhere nearby or setting up in a nearby mall for a weekend to get your name out there and advertise that you do home parties...maybe offer an incentive to anyone that would like to book one from your display and then branch out from there :cheesy2:

Or see if you can set up a display at work...or someone else's work that you know pretty well. Lots of people will ask if you do parties.

Better yet, put together a little business card with your info...& party contact info. I like to give cards away with a candle, so the fragrance knocks them over and they'll call. Or they'll talk about it.

When they call you, you tell them you set up at their house, etc. etc. And don't forget, the host receives gifts. This is the best enticement for them to let you use their house!