Made several batches of melts with 4786. Wax dimpling?

justajesuschick

Of course I plan to test this with other waxes (4794, 4625 specifically) but I used 5 pounds of this straight today. I agree that this wax is very similar to Sc@ntsy wax. I made imprints in the bottoms when popping out of my silicone molds. The tops cooled very dimply.

I am not going to do a second pour on melts. I use them and just share with friends. Just looks pretty bad.

If you use 4786 does it do this for you?

Thanks!

It is a paraffin and while I do not have a specified cure time, I will not melt for a few days.

I made 11 batches. Some were with a blend of 4625 and 4627. Well, I made 12 batches but one was so perfume-y, I dumped before pouring into molds. It was Christmas Eve so should not have been perfume-y.

It was cool here yesterday and we did not have the heat on. It was not cold but a few degrees cooler than I kept it in the warmer months. I always cool the molds on racks in the kitchen and did identically with these. Since I pour into silicone I never much watch my pour temp. Perhaps I will try that. I did notice that some were smoother than others and I wondered if FO came into play. Cinnamon versus not, etc.

Thank you!!

Pouring cool helps eliminate some, most or all of the indents or dimpling, I found. It seems to depend on the house temp for me. Would you be adverse to consider adding a small amount of paraffin low MP one pour container wax you may have laying around? That allowed me to pour most times without any of those problems. The other option is a small percentage of container soy with a lower MP.

HTH and GL

I just started using this wax for my clamshells and they turned out perfect and were so pretty! I did notice the dimples so with my next batch I waited until most of the wax harded then just topped them off with the little bit I had left..and did another batch with a bit of 4630 thrown in to create a one pour..worked like a charm =)

I made tarts yesterday with straight 4786 - Poured into clamshells and silicone mold. I got smooth tops. Heated to 185 and poured at 150.

I made some yesterday (first time making tarts) heating to 180, pouring at 150 and they look beautiful. I did straight 4786, a batch with 50/50 4786-464 and a batch with 50/50 4786-4627 (comfort blend). They all look flawless. I did follow some advice I found on here to pour to almost overflowing. They shrunk up a bit and look great. Can't wait to test burn.

Edited by QTsmum