I'm running my family out of the house

vberkesch

Yes, my dw complains that she can't breathe. The workshop is in our full concrete basement and on heavy pouring days it used to get pretty bad in the house. I placed a high powered fan in the window and suck the fumes outside (the fan blows out) like a ventilation fan. Once I pour a batch they get covered in a large box with a lid and then a heavy blanket to keep the fumes inside. Its not totally foolproof but it has cut the fumes by at least half or more. Flowery are worse than bakery and combinations are the worst. I try to pour separate days when possible. If she goes on a two or three day business trip; I pour around the clock. Any kind of ventilation fan is helpful (cookstove ect). HTH

Steve

oh noes! :( I have been lucky enough to have my own room for a studio so I haven't had issues of bothering my bf. As chuck mentioned, ventilation will help. If your workspace doesn't allow fans, maybe work closer to open windows for release should help. I sure hope you're able to find some balance with this issue!

We have a full basement as our workshop so the only time it really gets unbearable is when I'm drying incense -- the smell goes up the stairs, out the doors, and all the way to Walmart 7 miles away, I think ;-)

Just tell them it's better than having your house smelling like dirty gym shoes -- see, things can always be worse! :)