oktoberfest

JI

I will be a vendor at a fall church oktoberfest. It is outside on main road. This is the first yesr they are having vendors. I had to send in photos etc since the didnt want scentsy type people. I am hoping it will be a busy day. It is a big church with an attractiven outdoor grounds. They wil have pumpkins food beer music hay rides etc and it is family friendly. Fee was 20 and they want 5% sales proceeds which i think is reasonable.

I have never done church fairs. What is your experience? Are they generally lucrative or not?

Catholics always have beer at festivals - and at turkey shoots around here. makes me nervous.

I have done a small church festival for about 7 years now and do very well there - but it is an indoor craft show. I'm not sure people will come to the festival to buy candles or soap.

But, they have beer so who knows...

I've only done one craft show, and it was at a church. I think your sales will be based on who your market is and if that market attends the show. I only brought wickless candles with me because it was a spring show. It was a much older crowd than I expected, and they were not too interested in non-traditional candles. The fee was $40 dollars and my sales were $150 total. I did the best of all the tables in my area. Because of this experience, I am probably going to avoid church craft shows, but like I said...it truly all depends on your product and who your market is.

The 5% thing kinda sucks though...

In my area, craft shows do the the best in the fall/early Xmas season. Church, school, etc. If I were doing an Oktoberfest event, I would go heavy on the pumpkin, spicy, outdoor scents. If people are having a good time, etc., they want something to remind them of that event. I can't see Lilac being a big seller when there are hayrides, etc. Good luck!

The church is Lutheran so that explains the beer. It was very wholesome family friendly. Did not see any inebriated individuals. It was the first tike they opened it to outside vendors. $20 fee & 5% fee based on sales. I made 265 in sales. Not bad but not great. After fees it will be about $230. I was the only vendor from outside! The food and drink was indoors. I think if food and drink were outdoors there would have been kore lingering and spending. Still it was 2 miles from my house. 8 oz outsold 16 oz. Two best sellers were tied at apple harvest and cinn spice.