Trouble Wicking The 6oz Keepsake Jar

I was hoping someone who uses these jars could help me get this jar wicked properly. I use a parasoy blend with zinc wicks in all of my current jars but I cant seem to find any combination to work right in this jar. I have tried 1-51Z, 1-60Z, 1- 61Z, 2- 24Z, and 2-32Z.

Off hand I think this jar is about 3" in diameter so I just cant figure out why one of these sizes haven't worked out. They all have either tunneled or drowned out and the HT is also not that great. I normally wick my 3"salsa jar with 1- 60Z and my 3 3/4" Tumbler with 2- 32Z and get really great results.

As easy as the salsa jars are to wick I am just not in love with the continuous thread top that you can see even with the cover on. That's why I would like to be able to have a few different options as far as styles go. :)

I was hoping someone who uses these jars could help me get this jar wicked properly. I use a parasoy blend with zinc wicks in all of my current jars but I cant seem to find any combination to work right in this jar. I have tried 1-51Z, 1-60Z, 1- 61Z, 2- 24Z, and 2-32Z.

Off hand I think this jar is about 3" in diameter so I just cant figure out why one of these sizes haven't worked out. They all have either tunneled or drowned out and the HT is also not that great. I normally wick my 3"salsa jar with 1- 60Z and my 3 3/4" Tumbler with 2- 32Z and get really great results.

As easy as the salsa jars are to wick I am just not in love with the continuous thread top that you can see even with the cover on. That's why I would like to be able to have a few different options as far as styles go. :)

I don't know which parasoy you use, but when I use the IGI 6006 (parasoy) and zincs don't seem to work very well, I use the CD wicks with very good results. Try those, perhaps?

Good luck!

I do have cds and will give them a try as well. I just put 2-51Z wicks in last night and an going check them today. I think they are going to be to much but we'll see. I got a pretty deep Mp with the 32's so logically I wouldn't go up, but maybe the 32's were just not big enough to burn the wax off fast enough before drowning (who knows). Zincs normally work great with my blend and they are my favorite so I hope I can get them to work. Thanks for suggestion...I'll keep you posted.

I do have cds and will give them a try as well. I just put 2-51Z wicks in last night and an going check them today. I think they are going to be to much but we'll see. I got a pretty deep Mp with the 32's so logically I wouldn't go up, but maybe the 32's were just not big enough to burn the wax off fast enough before drowning (who knows). Zincs normally work great with my blend and they are my favorite so I hope I can get them to work. Thanks for suggestion...I'll keep you posted.

Zincs worked perfect for me in 6006, but I don't like the fact that they're not self-trimming and the flames get so big and scary if they're not trimmed, especially since I'm afraid most customers don't trim.