Tealights

I made a tealight yesterday. Using EcoSoya PB and an eco tealight wick. No scent or color. It burned beautiful for 6 hours today I am gonna test the rest and see what happens. My question is what would be better to use the plastic tealight cups or the metal ones. I really like the look of the plastic ones and I'm thinking as long as I wick it right. (Mine was just right not to hot I could even pick it up without getting burned) Do you think I would be ok selling them. :smiley2:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?100309-plastic-tea-light-catches-fire&highlight=tealight+fire

Though the polycarbonate cups are fire resistant, they are not always fire proof. Especially when fragrance and holders are concerned.

I'd go with safety of metal cups over looks of clear or colored polycarbonate, but that's me.

Thanks I checked it out. I know when I finished burning mine. When it died out it left some wax at the bottom of the cup. It also never got hot enough were you coulden't pick it up. I am planing to make nonscented tealights. So I wonder If they would be ok.

• 2 weeks later...