Fun with a light box (PIC HEAVY)

JJCandlesCrafts

While my photographer buddy was in town, I was asking him about professional light boxes for taking product shots and prices, etc. He found some DIY site awhile back and decided he would make me one. About $10 later we had: A big cardboard box, some tape, some thin white kitchen garbage bags, and some colored poster board. I used a flood light I had sitting around on the second batch, but the first batch of pics were just taken outside in the sunlight, with my phone's camera! Considering we were just screwing around, i think these came out AWESOME! (Yes, I know I know. Wicks, bottoms, blah... Was literally "Grab something before the sun goes down! :)

post-967-139458502559_thumb.jpg

post-967-139458502554_thumb.jpg

post-967-139458502534_thumb.jpg

post-967-139458502547_thumb.jpg

post-967-139458502551_thumb.jpg

They look nice and sharp. Have you tried a matte white background with the same products?

Not except the very first pic. For some reason I really love the contrast with the black, though I need to try the white a little more in a controlled environment instead of outside. Maybe because I'm color blind?? :-)

Those look great!!! I really like the black a lot. My light box is lightly frosted/clear tote, we need sturdy things round here :) Then I throw my white background over it when I need more difused light. I use white poster board for the back, and your right I wouldn't want to do white outside, it can be tricky. But get 3-4 flood lights, one on top, both sides and front (unless you have a good flash). I do photo :)