Miami-Erie 14 Karrot Cake

samandkennasmom

I have ordered many FO's from Miami Erie and I have to admit, they are wonderful - not only the scents, but the HT is amazing. I quit ordering from her because she has stopped the free shipping unless you order at least $30. And another thing that annoyed me, is that she gave no notice of the $30 minimum order - she changed it without any notice, I just don't think that's a good thing to do when in business.

Here are the ones with the strongest HT and my personal favorites - along with a few that I didn't care for:

Blue Sugar and Buttercream

Buttercream Bliss

Cozy Fall Nights - This one is amazing!

Mexican Fried Ice Cream

Orange Marmalade Pastry - Exact same scent as Hot Orange Danish from NG

Primative Gathering

Sugar Cookie Dough Bread

Strawberry Glaze

Sweet Potato Pie - Love this one! Pumpkin Cheesecake from RE smells almost exactly the same - they may actually be the same FO.

Vanilla Bean Noel - Smells great - but I found the HT to be a bit weak.

Pumpkin Lemon Spice - Very weak HT even at 1.50 oz. pp.

Peachy Keen - Didn't like this one - a bit too "earthy" of a scent. Best Peach scent is "Fresh Peach" from NG.

Lemon Berry Crumble - The HT was alright on this one, but the scent seemed a bit "off." I didn't care for this one at all.

Prairie Kitchen - This one is STRONG! Had a bit of a cherry-almond scent. I didn't like it, but I'm not a big fan of cherry or almond.

Country Fair - No HT at all, very weak.

Insert LIKE button here :) Completely agree! That, and she's the owner of Front Porch Candle Co. so each time you buy from her you are contributing to your own competition.

Oh I didnt know that! Wow,..I warned people about her when she was Snowtop Candle Supplies,..she is all about THE MONEY just like I said back then. I live only a few miles from her and I picked up wax from her and she was,..well I wont say it publically. I would NOT do business with either of her companies. Glad I know SHE is the owner of Front Porch Candle Co. Just WOW!!!!

So if you order only one bottle of oil, how much does it cost? I was looking at her on fb and it seems she can't keep up making enough product. She's so busy I thought it said she is moving in a new building. She must be doing something right. I'm all about making your business a success but not like that! Just my thought!

So if you order only one bottle of oil, how much does it cost? I was looking at her on fb and it seems she can't keep up making enough product. She's so busy I thought it said she is moving in a new building. She must be doing something right. I'm all about making your business a success but not like that! Just my thought!

Well just think how many 1 lb bottle can fit in a Medium Flat Rate box,..maybe 8-10 (?) and a MFR box is $11.35,..so thats a HUGE profit for her up'ing her cost per lb and "claiming" its free shipping when indeed its NOT,..she's just getting richer with that technique,..unethical business she is conducting. *shaking my head*

Edited by leisa2003

post-13614-139458502408_thumb.jpgShe needs this saying sent to her with an explanation.
So how could you stay in business that way? It's not rocket science to figure out she's charging a ton of money for shipping that would of costed her only $11.35. Then she post quotes from the Bible, which I think is awesome, but then run your business like that..really? Wow! That's just sad!

So how could you stay in business that way? It's not rocket science to figure out she's charging a ton of money for shipping that would of costed her only $11.35. Then she post quotes from the Bible, which I think is awesome, but then run your business like that..really? Wow! That's just sad!

Well I think her tart and candle business is keeping her going really. She is a VERY BIG competitor,..she has flooded Youtube with her own tarts and candles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24855[/ATTACH]She needs this saying sent to her with an explanation.

AMEN to that! Trust me, I have been to her home, had personal conversations with her (Angie) when she had Snowtop and she is in it for the money. She had lied on here (in 2006) and AVOIDED my complaint as a customer. I remember it well actually, it was in 2006 when I joined this forum (invite by another chandler from the Snowtop message board) and I purchased one of her Electric Candles she sold on Snowtop (her business then), well it was in the wrong scent of what I ordered and she never wanted to do anything to make it right and she avoided me and then someone on this board didnt like me speaking of a vendor like that and went and messaged her and she replied on this board that I never told her about the wrong scented electric candle,..blah, blah, blah,..(why wouldn't I,..they were expensive) anyway, soon after that she sold Snowtop off to Indiana Candle Supplies. She lied and humilitated me to make her business look flawless and all over a electric candle,..and now look, I was one unhappy customer that she could have just "satisfied" back in 2006.

Edited by leisa2003

There are a lot of places that have similar prices on their oils. Maybe she did need to raise her prices on her oils. I never had any problems when I ordered from her at Snowtop, and really missed her when she closed....several of the oils were not the same after they were sold. I have not yet ordered from her new company. I am not crazy about the competition, but then again, she is offering many of the great oils to us who in turn can be or become competition to her. If anything, you would think she would not want to offer oils to others to create her own competition. Because of this, I am not that bothered about her having her own company. She also sold candles and melts back when she had Snowtop as well.

Edited by Holly

There are a lot of places that have similar prices on their oils. Maybe she did need to raise her prices on her oils. At least it is not higher prices plus shipping. I never had any problems when I ordered from her at Snowtop, and really missed her when she closed....several of the oils were not the same after they were sold. I have not yet ordered from her new company. I am not crazy about the competition, but then again, she is offering many of the great oils to us who in turn can be or become competition to her. If anything, you would think she would not want to offer oils to others to create her own competition. Because of this, I am not that bothered about her having her own company. She also sold candles and melts back when she had Snowtop as well.

And there may be such places with those prices,..but it is what it is and to me, it is GAUGING the customers. Many of her current customers have complained (on her website message board) that they would rather her just go back to adding shipping costs,..why(?) because it was CHEAPER for them to pay the $18 a lb and actually shipping costs then to pay $25 each lb with "free shipping" AFTER $30 spent,..so you cant order just 1 bottle you have to order 2 or more,..and just barely over the 1 bottle (THATS SNEAKY),..but I guess it works for her.

Edited by leisa2003

I appreciate hearing both sides regarding suppliers. I feel I have enough to base my purchasing decision on this particular supplier. I've always felt okay giving money to those I personally felt make products on the side, but something about this one rubs me the wrong way.

Crazy thing on my experience with her in 2006 was after the "heated" debate on here with her, she sent all her customers a newsletter saying that she would no-longer allow local customers to pick-up wax and sent me a personal message stating that she had to protect her business,.. thats why she defended herself (business) on here and then told me that I could still purchase supplies from her (she was my first supplier) but I would have to pay shipping costs. I LIVE 15 minutes away from her, I dont think so!! So then others started getting upset on her Snowtop message board because her shipping costs were outragous,..and then she sold to ICS, then came back under Miami-Erie & Front Porch Candle Co. Oh well.

ETS: My frustration with her was because she lied and humiliated me to "protect" her company and then she had the nerve to tell me that I could still order but I would have to pay shipping when I live just 15 minutes from her. Thats why I say it all about the money to her. Ok,..I'm done,..sorry for ranting on.

Edited by leisa2003

She screwed me and plenty of other people over including Indiana Candle supply when she sold snowtop to her. Her Banana nut bread.... That's mine that I created with the Bel Air fragrances. She said she was looking for a good one and offered to order the min. 25-35 lbs and we would split it @ cost. 7.80 per pound providing I gave her the formula lot number etc. She ordered it, added it to her list and wanted to charge me 18.95 per pound. That wasn't the deal but shame on me, I keep my formulas guarded now and don't share them with ANY one.

As far as Indiana she sold "her" formulas, "my" banana nut bread included, and then went around Indiana and continued to carry the oils for her use and her cousin who also owns a business.

Yeah, keep with the bible beating scripture and do the opposite.

Regardless of the underhanded business practices people will still buy from her. Face it, some people need them. Not me -that's for sure.

Edited by funkymonkey66

And there may be such places with those prices,..but it is what it is and to me, it is GAUGING the customers. Many of her current customers have complained (on her website message board) that they would rather her just go back to adding shipping costs,..why(?) because it was CHEAPER for them to pay the $18 a lb and actually shipping costs then to pay $25 each lb with "free shipping" AFTER $30 spent,..so you cant order just 1 bottle you have to order 2 or more,..and just barely over the 1 bottle (THATS SNEAKY),..but I guess it works for her.

I think what she should have done (I do not know what she said to her customers and try not to judge her reasons) is tell her customers that she needed to raise the prices but in turn will help her customers with some of the cost by offering free shipping of $30 or more. I guess since I have not had any trouble with her in the past and never noticed any wrongdoing with her, it is hard for me to judge her negatively. Not everyone makes the best decisions in a biz at all times, Christian or not. She probably was concerned that it would be a complete turn off to customers regarding a price raise and most likely was trying to keep the customers focused on the positive....free shipping on $30.00 or more. She probably figures after running her numbers what is best for her company regarding pricing and the min. purchase amount for free shipping. There are so many companies closing and part of it is because they were stuck in a hard place....if they raise prices they can lose and if they don't they can lose. It is unfortunate for all of us to see higher prices, but with these times it is par for the course. All of us here should understand how hard it is to make a business profitable much less make a living by it. I would like to order from her, but am trying to keep my higher priced suppliers at a minimum.

She screwed me and plenty of other people over including Indiana Candle supply when she sold snowtop to her. Her Banana nut bread.... That's mine that I created with the Bel Air fragrances. She said she was looking for a good one and offered to order the min. 25-35 lbs and we would split it @ cost. 7.80 per pound providing I gave her the formula lot number etc. She ordered it, added it to her list and wanted to charge me 18.95 per pound. That wasn't the deal but shame on me, I keep my formulas guarded now and don't share them with ANY one.

As far as Indiana she sold "her" formulas, "my" banana nut bread included, and then went around Indiana and continued to carry the oils for her use and her cousin who also owns a business.

Yeah, keep with the bible beating scripture and do the opposite.

Regardless of the underhanded business practices people will still buy from her. Face it, some people need them. Not me -that's for sure.

Sorry she did that to you,..WOW. And your right, people will buy from her,..and they are. I just cant treat people like she has. Well I believe you reap what you sow.

Just sad:(

Edited by leisa2003

From a buying perspective, I would much rather have a supplier tell me they need to raise their prices on oils than to tell me I get "free shipping" but charge $7 more per pound! That is ridiculous! So like I said before, if you ordered 10 pounds of oils, it is gonna cost you $70 in " free shipping" That to me is just wrong. I can totally understand businesses need to make money, I need to do the same but I just couldn't sleep at night knowing I'm ripping off my customers like that! To each their own I guess!