Homestead Survival blog & Facebook page (234,000) promoting dangerous candle making

I saw a Homestead Survival post in my news feed on FB about how to make container candles, and was appalled at the dangerous technique being promoted. But, before I could post a comment, I saw someone who makes candles comment about the fire hazard and included safety tips, but that person's comment was deleted. So, another poster asked that person for more safety tips, and when they posted again, that comment was deleted also. They weren't rude, just straightforward with the info. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Homestead-Survival/189287804456890 and here's the blog: http://homesteadsurvival.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-diptyque-inspired-tumbler-candles.html

It's a great blog with so many wonderful projects posted daily, so I'm disappointed to see them delete a safety concern about fire.

Edited by HorsescentS

Oh wow! I sent Homestead Survival a nice email asking about why they would delete fire safety concerns, and they replied:

• It will just bring us more readers....LoL
    People will click over and see are other articles and like them.
    Even bad exposure is still exposure because people will realize it is just one person's opinion.

I saw that and was beyond mortified! I like that FaceBook page because it sometimes has good items about canning and food preservation.

I love it too! I just don't see why they couldn't have replied or even PM-ed the person who posted about safety, why delete their comments? Is safety a taboo subject?

I have argued about that page so long and so often to a few members of my friends list that I swear I feel like I'm going to go blue in the face. They were showing a container candle a few months ago using olive oil and the rind and pith of an orange. No way to stop the flame from spreading around the entire rind, and it would certainly smoke badly. My comments then got deleted as well. People like that just pith me off ;P

The seriously scary part is that there are some people who believe those postings and extoll the dangers of any other type of candle because it's not made from "natural" ingredients. Yeah, OK.