AH/RE Falling Leaves...

FaithfulScenter

Here is the description of the scent from the website: At long last, this much-requested fragrance is available! Falling Leaves is a delightful fall fragrance! It is everything fall is. It is crisp leaves under your feet when you are walking through the park on a misty day. It is refreshing, delightful and clean. It is the cool brisk air and the smell of fall. Who can put a finger on that smell?

I can't quit put my finger on it either, but it stinks! I made tarts in all my fall scent for a little sample sale, and this is all I have left, I can't even give it away :undecided Thinking about melting it down and adding a little something to maybe tone it down some? Any suggestions??

Here is the description of the scent from the website: At long last, this much-requested fragrance is available! Falling Leaves is a delightful fall fragrance! It is everything fall is. It is crisp leaves under your feet when you are walking through the park on a misty day. It is refreshing, delightful and clean. It is the cool brisk air and the smell of fall. Who can put a finger on that smell?

I can't quit put my finger on it either, but it stinks! I made tarts in all my fall scent for a little sample sale, and this is all I have left, I can't even give it away :undecided Thinking about melting it down and adding a little something to maybe tone it down some? Any suggestions??

Can't even give it away!? What! This scent is AWESOME. Like a 100 year old cologne. crisp and cold yet also slightly medicinal and dirty. I like it. Did you maybe get a bad batch.

Edited by rctfavr3

I liked it when I got a sample in the Scent Event last year, so I bought a lb. The lb was different. Very different. Not sure if the sample was right or the full size was, but didn't care enough at that point to pursue it further.

Couldn't give it away in soap. I tried to blend with some patchouli as a last ditch effort to add some earthiness, but it still didn't excite people enough to buy it. Neither really smells leafy to my nose.

Red Maple Leaf, OTOH, I and in preliminary testing customers are liking it well enough to bring in. It's not really a red maple leaf scent when comparing to the actuals in my yard, but the scent it very nice. Will be great in soap and candles I think.

Can't even give it away!? What! This scent is AWESOME. Like a 100 year old cologne. crisp and cold yet also slightly medicinal and dirty. I like it. Did you maybe get a bad batch.

Nope, sure couldn't! Everyone turned up their nose and went for the Toasted Marshmallow! I live in a very rural country area, and people seem to go for the more traditional "country" scents. Not sure if it's a bad batch or not, but the way you described it sounds right, it smells like Popaw!! TallTayl, I was thinking of trying the Red Maple Leaf. I've got some FL in the burner now, hoping maybe to pick up on something that I can enhance and make it a little more desirable.

see, the 1 lb I bought is more perfumey, almost fruity than musty. strange. I think my shipment was wrong.

Oh and by the way, don't hit "Back" when you're putting an order through. I got some weird error code when submitting an order and was charged an extra $3.75. When I questioned them I was told that they 'could' have charged me an extra $6 for manually entering the order. Needless to say I'm finding replacements for everything. Something is wrong when strange fees start popping up.

Nope, sure couldn't! Everyone turned up their nose and went for the Toasted Marshmallow! I live in a very rural country area, and people seem to go for the more traditional "country" scents. Not sure if it's a bad batch or not, but the way you described it sounds right, it smells like Popaw!! TallTayl, I was thinking of trying the Red Maple Leaf. I've got some FL in the burner now, hoping maybe to pick up on something that I can enhance and make it a little more desirable.

Eau de Grandpa :laugh2:

Did you have any FO left? I'd be happy to buy it from ya.

I wonder how it would smell mixed with a little Patch or Witches Brew.

Edited by rctfavr3

You mentioned that your pound bottle smelled completely different than the sample -- well, the same thing happened to me but with a different fragrance. The sample was amazing, but when I received the pound bottle, it was horrible. Smelled sour and rancid. We won't discuss how all of that turned out (not a good experience), but I still continue to use them. I won't let one bad experience deter me, but I did find it extremely interesting that you had the same issue come up. Things that make you go hmmmm.....