More Questions

JanetsCandles

I'm in an experimenting mood, so here's a question that I haven't figured out yet on my own (even after searching). Say I wanted to infuse an oil for colorant in a soap batch. How would I figure it in on my lye calculations? I have seen that most people just say to hold it out of your base oils in measurement, but I am using Soap Calc for the lye portion (and seeing my numbers), so would I just hold it out as part of one of the base oils? I want to infuse some paprika in oil for the color, but really don't want to screw up a batch of soap over it.

TIA!

are you wanting to do a swirl in the Paprika or color the whole batch? You don't have to include it in your lye calculation. Just infuse the oil in one of your liquid oils like olive oil. Then use the olive oil in your recipe. say your recipe calls for 6 ounces of olive infuse 6 ounces and add it to your all of your other oils to equal the amount of ounces you need for the recipe.

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by Barbara AL

It does, but what I'm wanting to do is have an orange colored base, I'm using pumpkin in it, but I'll be removing part of the base recipe first for coloring white and black. So I'd be boosting the orange color with the paprika infused oil, but the rest would be without the paprika or pumpkin.

don't know if you will achieve a white with the added paprika and pumpkin. How about just putting pumpkin in one third of your base you will be pulling out to color and adding the paprika in with it too you don't have to infuse it.

If you add Pumpkin subtract the weight of the pumpkin from your water amount you are using in your recipe.