Definitely a weird FO request, haha sorry!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any manufacturers out there that make a "poop" fragrance oil? :yay: haha, someone I work with had a funny idea and if I can find it I'm going to make one for him. And I don't mean "Reindeer Poop", I mean like stinky, gross, poop smell! OR, maybe some suggestions for another really foul smelling FO! Thanks for the help!

Btw, if you find a good "poop" smell, let me know! My boys are such pranksters, that would be right up their alley!!

Check SOS in a few weeks. They're getting a "gas" fragrance. I sent them one for duplication.

And as stated previously, their "Baby Diaper" is pretty good...or bad depending on how you look at it!

Edited by rctfavr3

YAY!!! Thank you!! They have already asked for "toot" scented candles, I told them there's no way someone makes that in an FO! Guess Mommy was wrong!!

Well it definitely stinks. If you were to combine the Gas and the Baby Diaper FOs...LOOK OUT! The entire neighborhood would have to be fumigated and/or quarantined.

Edited by rctfavr3

I have to ask. Why on earth do you want a 'poop' scent? Gag!! Really!

I can't speak for FaithScenter but;

A "poop" scent used in trace amounts adds a grounding effect to florals making them seem brighter and more intense but at the same time less sweet. It's useful as a blender when wanting to make FOs more realistic. On the other end of the spectrum, when used in full amount or as a standalone product it becomes a great novetly fragrance for customers wanting prank candles or joke stinky soap.

The gas fragrance, which is mostly comprised of a mild sulfide is also useful in creating food fragrances, gunpowder fragrance, marine scents, temper sweet perfumes, and again as a novelty aspect. I think the gas fragrance has a more limited appeal...but the previously mentioned "poop" notes such as indole, chivet, etc are always benificial to blending or creating perfume. As silly as that sounds; there both very useful, just not used very often. Of course...we really know why! :wink2:

Edited by rctfavr3

Haha, mine would be completely for a gag gift!! Like the skunk, and Bacon, everyone loves my Bacon scented candles!!

Have you found a bacon that actually throws?? My DH has been buggin me for years to make one (as a gag gift) but I never could find one that had throw....

Have you found a bacon that actually throws?? My DH has been buggin me for years to make one (as a gag gift) but I never could find one that had throw....

SOS released about 5 versions this past month. Some throw better than others, not sure which is the best. But, the bacon fragrances with smoke notes, will throw better.

I'm not sure the maker, I got it from ebay about 3-4 months ago, I think it was from Candlechem, but I'm not 100% sure, but yes, it did throw!! It even fooled me! My DH and oldest son thought it would be funny to light the candle before I woke up, on a day I had to fast, none the less... :rolleyes2

I asked myself the very same question. I get the gag thing, but that is beyond disgusting. I would never make a soap that smells like crap- gag or not.

Any scent regardless of how stinky it may be, can still be used in trace amounts for perfuming, and they are (most of them). As a standalone smell, I don't think anyone would "want" a crap smelling soap, but that particular FO does have it's place in the industry along with other foul smelling fragrances. Are they appropriate for THIS application? That's a matter of opinion. I personally wouldn't EVER sell a %@!* scented soap...but that doesn't mean it's not a valuable fragrance oil -prank or otherwise.

I order it on occassion, and it's useful for some FO blends...but to me, it's definitely not something I'd sell as a standalone candle or soap.

Edited by rctfavr3

Are they appropriate for THIS application? That's a matter of opinion. I personally wouldn't EVER sell a %@!* scented soap...but that doesn't mean it's not a valuable fragrance oil -prank or otherwise.

I never said that it wasn't a valuable fragrance oil. I just said that I would never sell a soap that smelled like poop- gag or not.