Making My Own Silicone Mold....

I have been wanting to try my hand at making my own silicone molds for quite a while now and have decided to bite the bullet.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where the best place is to purchase liquid or pourable silicone. My favorite molds are from candles and supplies...they are light purple and very flexible. I think it is rtv 107-soft silicone. There are quite a few places online that sell it but because I have never heard of any of these places i'm a little nervous to purchase from them.

I appreciate all of your help:grin2:

I've been happy with Smooth-On. Both the OOMOO25 (light blue) and OOMOO30 (light purple) have worked well for my custom designed molds. They have a Chicago outlet too if you're closer to them than the main site.

I also have the MoldMax series, but they are a little more stringent about mixing the parts properly. OOMOO was easy peasy. Within 6 hours I have a usable mold.

I use Smooth-on as well, but use the PMC series of polyurethane in most of my molds. Have a set that has been used at least 5 days out of the week, multiple pours per day, for the last 3 years. Yep yep. You'd want to go probably with the PMC- 121-30 liquid. It does have to be mixed fairly well, but is easy to work with.