Which of these fragrance suppliers would you reccomend? Thoughts?

miagracie

Hi,

I'm a newbie planning on making tarts for personal use. I've settled on paraffin wax for stronger throw after reading the forums.

I'm going to be using Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven Ky 133 Versatile Paraffin Wax Blend (10% max fragrance load). (I'm torn betwen this and the KY 143 Paraffin Pilar Wax-any thoughts on which you prefer are welcome and appreciated.)

I'll be making clamshell tarts 0.58 oz each cube appx. I'm looking for strong scent throw I'd like to get at least 2 days per cube ideally. I'd like a reasonable price and good quality and hot scent throw.

I was thinking about getting my fragrance oils from Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven. Pink Sugar, Birthday Cake & vanilla type scents are what I'm looking for.

I've narrowed down to a few suppliers: (based on cost & selection)

-Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven (where I'm getting the wax which would be easiest for me),

-Aztec International

-Bitter Creek (not south, just plain Bitter Creek),

-Lone Star Candle

-The Candle Makers's Store

-Nature's Garden

-Candle Science

-Southern Scentsations/Greatcandle

So-thoughts on these suppliers & vanilla type fragrances? If you had to (for now) pick just one supplier and were ordering your wax through Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven-who would you pick for the best scents with the strongest through?

Anyone else I should try instead? Any and all feedback appreciated!

Hi! I make just for myself as well.

You have chosen some good places from which to order.

I really like Birthday Cake and Sugar Cookie from Peak. I ADORE Toasted Marshmallow from RE. Their Birthday Cake is also excellent.

I do not make clamshells and am not a Pink Sugar fan so others will have to answer you on that.

thought i had replied last night-but guess not! i like the pink sugar from BC and nature's garden. both are very strong in tarts/candles' but i don't use your wax you are planning on. another great pink sugar is from The Candle Source. this one is (to me anyway) slightly more citrusy (?) and their prices are very reasonable. so there you have it-order from a slew of suppliers right away, cause you know you will already!!!!

maybe this will help!!-kris