Aloe in Soap

Spellkast

I make all of my soaps using an all natural M&P base, and I would like to add Aloe Soap to my line, but I'm a little frightened! :) I know it grows cooties, but will it in soap? I mean, it's soap!! I was thinking of adding a T of aloe juice (like the kind you can drink from wally world) per lb. of base. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? Is that too little aloe to provide any benefits? Should I add anything else to it to even it out? Right now, I only make shea, oatmeal, clay and exfoliating soaps...and I even it out with some castor oil and coconut oil usually...And I don't want to play around with this, have it look good, want to sell it and then have it grow buggies (if that's even possible with soap.) :D Thanks everyone!

Hmmm..now I'm curious..I wonder what would happen if you added aloe gel? The after sun kind? I would guess that had a preservative in it already since I have a bottle of it in my bathroom that's been there a year or longer and is showing no sign of cooties! Maybe the concentration of aloe is very light in that stuff? Just not sure..gonna have to look into it now! :tongue2:

Yeah, I was looking into the aloe powder...but that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!! I guess you only need to use a real little bit, but my gosh! So I thought that aloe juice would work in place of that...and Prairie- the most aloe I've ever seen in the aloe vera gel was 45%...so I think that may be a bit light- and it's sticky...I hate that stuff...as good as it feels when I get sunburn, I just hate the feel of it. Perhaps I'll try a small batch and leave it in the sink for like 4 months to see if it grows cooties. :D