Anyone have trouble with....

lioness11

Peak's Sugar Cookie not incorporating fully into the wax? Made a tester candle with it and was taken aback by the amount that wouldn't blend with the wax. Oh, and I stirred and stirred but it was very unforgiving :undecided

Thoughts?

Peak's Pink Sugar is one of my Fo's that can be 'challenging' for me when it comes to incorporating it in the wax. I absolutely must have the wax hot enough - generally 185 -190 degrees, and plenty of stirring. I have about 6 FO's that are like that - heavy and stubborn. It can be done though! hth

Edited by ksranch

I have that one but have not used it yet. Wow, does it ever smell yummy. I keep opening the bottle just to sniff. Waiting on my new wax blend to arrive to use it.

I asked a similar question about another company's Birthday Cake. The oil just seemed to sit in the bottom and I stirred and stirred. I inquired here and was told that with heavier oils (many vanillas) that I needed to raise the heat to incorporate better. I just decided to bump my temp up about 5 degrees in general and it seems to be fine. Another error is that I was using too much oil pp of wax.

I'll be watching this for answers from more experienced makers in hopes of learning more myself!

Peak's Pink Sugar is an awesme thrower for me (4625/4630) whether or not your throw would affected by it not fully incorporating depends on how much you are using - if it's not incorporating because you are using too much and therefore "don't need it" you'll still get good results - but on the other hand, if it's not too much and just plain not incorporating, then yes - there wouldn't be enough in the wax to attain good results. Sometimes I get squirt happy (I measure mine right into the pour pot with the hot wax) and put in more than my normal 7% - so if a little bit doesn't incorporate it doesn't hurt the throw.

I have trouble with Peak's Vanilla Passion, but it's one of my favorite FOs. I generally have my wax (with vybar) at 195 when incorporating, and still have trouble at 6%. The weird thing is that it used to not do that to me, so wondering if the formulation changed and that's what is causing the trouble.

I have trouble with Peak's Vanilla Passion, but it's one of my favorite FOs. I generally have my wax (with vybar) at 195 when incorporating, and still have trouble at 6%. The weird thing is that it used to not do that to me, so wondering if the formulation changed and that's what is causing the trouble.

That's a possibility but does it do this if you back off say .25 to .5 oz? There have been quite a few reformulations out there ... one to remove pthalates (?) and others to replace an ingredient with something else that has become hard to get or almost non-existent and other times for other reasons like it just doesn't work. (Have had those where sometimes the FO just sits in the bottom of the pot no matter what.)

Most of the time a supplier is helpful in giving suggestions to try and a few just shrug you off with pffbbtt no one's ever had that prob. with this FO before type of thing. I'd be interested to know what suggestions the supplier may have with the oils.

Hey Scented!

No to both. I used 7% in an 8ox jj.. I've not tried the vybar yet, but it is on my "to buy list"

:smiley2:

Vybar isn't a cure all. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I'd try either adding more wax and see if that helps the sludge on the bottom or I'd try the vybar thing and for a future batch I'd try it using less FO than normal and (take notes on changes etc.) and if that doesn't work, I'd likely contact the supplier and say hey ... can you help me here?