Scent transfer

Buttsmom

Yesterday I made some soap using my silicone muffins pan. Soaked them in hot water after using, washed them with dish soap. Then I used them to make a different soap and smell the first FO on the new soaps. Now I have them soaking in baking soda and water.

Am I going to get rid of the smell or should I just toss them?

Does this happen often with silicone? That was what I was leaning towards for molds, because I like how easy they are to release.

I do not make soap so this may not help.

I used mine for wax tarts and as much as I cleaned and let them soak, I smelled the previous FO.

I asked here and a sweet poster (I'd have to pull up my thread to know who) suggested lining a cookie sheet with foil, putting the molds upside down on the foil and placing in a warm oven.

I tried it and it worked for me!

Last week, when it was 100+ degrees here, after using I put them outside on my metal patio table and it helped that way as well.

I've never had a problem with silicone and scent transfer. I've used smooth silicone, paint on silicone (caulking), cheap Target silicone and Wilton type silicone. Must have been one tenacious fragrance!

You could try citric acid to remove any lingering residue.