Molds

Buttsmom

I have spent all afternoon filling shopping cards on two different sites with supplies to get started. Now I'm too molds. I think to start with I just want to do regular rectangle bars and small quest bars. Any recommendations?

Look through your kitchen cupboards. Chances are you have many items you can use as a mold. Silicon bakeware, plastic containers, empty baby food disposables...all work for m/p. Good luck, and welcome to the board. Also, check your local dollar store for silicon ice trays and cupcake pans, etc.

Thank you. I pushed the button on both shopping carts today and took the plunge on a bunch of supplies. I did buy a few molds just cause I liked them, but after reading I did think I would "look" around to see what I could use, versus spending a lot on molds to start with too.

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of Pringles... in ya'lls area, are they changing the cans? I know I'm finding it more and more difficult to find the round cans. The newer ones are weird oval shaped with bumps in them. I'm like Jeanie, I think I'm going by all the dollar stores, Dollar Generals and everywhere I can and grab up as many as I can!

Speaking of Pringles... in ya'lls area, are they changing the cans? I know I'm finding it more and more difficult to find the round cans. The newer ones are weird oval shaped with bumps in them. I'm like Jeanie, I think I'm going by all the dollar stores, Dollar Generals and everywhere I can and grab up as many as I can!

I just picked up 8 of them a couple weeks ago at Walmart. They were on a rollback for $1 and still the round ones. Maybe a Walmart in your area may have them?

That's where I found both style cans. One thing I'll do is buy some of the 1/2 cans from the dollar stores. I had gotten up some of them, to use , to make smiley face kids soaps. It's just easier for me to do the embeds and voids in something shorter like that, than in a longer full size cans

Omg! I had been saving a bunch of them..33 to be exact, cause I am always gonna make soaps with them but never have. I got sick of moving them around in my candle room so I just threw them out. I thought about seeing if anyone on here would want them but talked myself outta it..like who's gonna want all our Pringle cans! Darn it, maybe someone would of!

The only time I used one, was an experiment. I used one of the shorties, and did it with scrap MP and let it set up. I just wanted to see if I could unmold it. While it did work without lining it, but as much as I tried to clean out the inside, I kinda felt like maybe it wasn't "enough". Since you can't truly wash it really really good ( cause it's paper ), I just mopped the inside down with alcohol quite a bit, about three times. I think when I get back going, I'll line one and see what happens.