Making jar candles to put on melter?

DelphicScorpion

I've got a little round electric candle melter and I usually melt a jar candle on it. I know most people make little wax melts and I was wondering if making a jar candle without a wick just to melt like this was bad since it's not little like the melts?

If not, can I make a normal candle with a container blend, and just pour it in a jar with no wick and use it as a melting candle? I'm moving into a dorm soon and won't be able to take my candles with me, so I'm looking at alternatives!

Lots of folks do wickless candles. Use the same ratio of FO to wax as with a wicked candle. I make mine in 4oz canning jars (holds 2.5 oz wax) they are small, melt fast and I reuse the jar to melt tarts in on my personal burners/melters

Another idea, if you want to even avoid using glass in your dorm room is to pour into Wilton's small bundt, angel food cake or small cake pans. They are like 3 for $6-$8 and I got a 3 pack with a 50% off one item coupon. They fit perfectly on combo or candle warmers, the metal heats up nicely and offers nice throw and they are non-stick so clean up is easy.

The small pans work well to toss in brittle or tarts as well.