Quick measurement method

Was just wondering if anybody else did this. Time is an issue for me because I'm a single mom of two kids, work and go to school full time. Somedays I just don't have the time to break of and measure a slap of wax. I use raw paraffin and add my own additives so the hammering can get annoying if all I need is a small bit. So here's what I do to speed things up when Im in a hurry:

I take a cupcake/muffin tin and melt down large batches of wax to pour into them on days I have the time to melt and pour. Then store the little blocks until I need them. Each block weighs 2oz.. So let's say I need a quarter of a lb for a small batch of melts, I just grab 2 blocks and add my additives accordingly. :) Anybody else do this?

I just smash up a whole block when into little pieces, and of course some of ends up in much smaller flakes and bits, and store that. Then when needed I throw a handful in the pour pot on the scale, and I use the little bits and flakes for getting to the exact weight I want. I skip using electri$ity for an extra melting step in between.

You are too funny. :P And after seeing my post again, I'm glad you could actually decipher what I meant amongst all those typos!

I will add that I actually purposely make sure I have lots of tiny bits and flakes for nudging the weight to where I want it for a batch and not going over. It seems easier to go ahead and do that upfront.

:highfive: excellent idea! Plus, if I save the wax breaking for a day I'm particularly agitated, I can beat the hell out of the wax....like during final week! Perfect! lol. No worries, I never saw the typos, I was too hung up on the fact I was making my electric bill even higher. LMAO ;)

I break up a full case at a time usually, and store it all in a big storage container with a lid. Then weigh it out and keep a stock in my presto pot, where I add my vybar and stuff. I then pour it out into my pans, then color and scent it, depending on what type I'm doing. Seems to be the quickest way for us at the moment.

I agree with both of you, smaller chunks as opposed to melting first is easier and more eco friendly (by eco I mean economical, lol) I bought some granulated wax like 7 years ago and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread because of it's ease of measuring for small batches. Why I didn't think of the small chunks for a 10 lb slab is beyond me. haha. Thanks!