2 different Lilac FOs turn my wax ashy blue!

Hi everyone, I feel like everytime I overcome one hurdle I get presented with another. I have so far tried 2 lilac fragrance oils that smell like true lilacs. The odd thing is that they both have been tested and turn my wax an ashy blue. Just the melt pool once it's hardened again. The two are from Rustic Escentuals. Hungarian Lilac and now Fresh Lilac. Has anyone found this? I use GB 415 with %BW. :cry2:

Yes. So just the portion that has melted for that burn. Just the top portion that has melted and created the melt pool. The rest of the candle is white. Could I have over wicked? I'm thinking that or just that Lilac FO's have some chemical that causes the color change. It almost looks dirty. Have not experienced this with any other fragrance.

Hi everyone, I feel like everytime I overcome one hurdle I get presented with another. I have so far tried 2 lilac fragrance oils that smell like true lilacs. The odd thing is that they both have been tested and turn my wax an ashy blue. Just the melt pool once it's hardened again. The two are from Rustic Escentuals. Hungarian Lilac and now Fresh Lilac. Has anyone found this? I use GB 415 with %BW. :cry2:

I have found with certain fragrance oils this can happen....changes the color where the melt pool was to a color that usually is not very attractive. If the candle is uncolored, it will turn the creamy color to a darker ugly tone and sometimes just a darker tone that is not real ugly. There is not much that can be done to avoid it.....not that I found anyway. It is a reaction from the heat, I guess. I have seen this with other companies (the big boys) as well.

Edited by Holly

Thank you for all your help everyone! Ok so I may just accept it. It's not so bad looking but just looks different. My husband thinks it's cool too but I was concerned. Oh well...it does smell fantastic!

I have found with certain fragrance oils this can happen....changes the color where the melt pool was to a color that usually is not very attractive. If the candle is uncolored, it will turn the creamy color to a darker ugly tone and sometimes just a darker tone that is not real ugly. There is not much that can be done to avoid it.....not that I found anyway. It is a reaction from the heat, I guess. I have seen this with other companies (the big boys) as well.

Like Holly said, it happens, no matter who made the candle. Any customer who has ever burned a candle before will know this. It's neither ugly nor pretty. It is what it is and it's nothing to worry about.