New mold and some soaps....

Hi everyone. DH made a slab mold for me. The wood is Red Oak and the sides have lexan glued on. The lexan on the bottom is not glued down and the sides are removable. He will be making lexan dividers for the mold as well. He said he learned quite a bit from his first attempt and hopes the next one he makes will look better. I think it turned out pretty good.

post-11673-139458498385_thumb.jpg

Here is an attempted peacock swirl in the new mold. Didn't get the 'feathers' lined up right so doesn't look quite right. It's made with Southern Soapers Maharani Padparadscha.

post-11673-139458498394_thumb.jpg

This is a soap I made for a friend. It's scented with SS Sweet Grass and did a swirl in the pot. Colored the base with green pop and the swirl with Select Shades Aquamarine. Sprinkled some gold and starlight green mica on the top. I knew the green morphed in soap, so wanted to see what it would do if used as a sprinkle. Still morphed.

post-11673-139458498396_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

post-11673-139458498375_thumb.jpg

post-11673-139458498389_thumb.jpg

post-11673-139458498391_thumb.jpg

post-11673-139458498399_thumb.jpg

post-11673-139458498402_thumb.jpg

Wow, he did a very nice job on that mold! Don't ya love having a DH that can build stuff??:yay: Very nice soaps too!

Thank you. It may not be perfect, but I think he did a great job on the mold. I know the next one will look better. Just hoping the soap unmolds nicely from the lexan. I really hate lining molds.

Beautiful! Isn't Maharani Padparadscha a fabulous scent? Wish I could rename mine though! hah

I think it's a wonderful scent too, have some in a lotion right now (which is almost out). I was thinking of maybe Pink Sapphire or Indian Sapphire. Although, the name is pretty unique.

Very nice... Love the mold too! I'm going to have to try one of those one of these day. :)

It uses quite a bit more soap batter than the silicone log molds, so that was a bit intimidating. Just tried to be very careful and not splatter anything. Look forward to seeing your creations in a slab mold!!

Love the new slab mold, that's Awesome! I've been wanting a slab mold forever..I have 4 4lb. long wooden molds that come apart, and though I love them they're too narrow to achieve the swirlies and designs like I want. Hope you get a chance to post a pic of the cuts on your first soap. Great job!