African Black Soap Nuggets

Shar

I just received my 10 lbs of African black soap nuggets from Soapers Choice. I've had customers asking for this stuff. It's kinda soft, brownish with some black spots, looks kind of like dog poo,lol.. washed my hands with it and it's not drying, I really don't see what all the fuss is about this type of soap as compared to cp after washing my hands with it, but I've heard a lot of good things about ABS in regards to treating acne, psoriasis, eczema, so I thought it would be a good additive to maybe add to my cp, especially salt bars and tea tree goat milk soaps maybe grate it up and add it at trace is what I had in mind? Let me know your thoughts or ideas how to go about using it. I also thought about maybe melting it in with my regular oils in my recipe and soaping as usual...tia...

I cant wait to see your results. Sounds interesting..Does it have an odor? I have never physically seen ABS up close.

Jewls, it really doesn't have much odor, just a natural cooked woody type of smell , and the texture of this is not hard. I'm making sea salt bars tonight and I crumpled the ABS into little bits, about 8 oz or so and set it aside in a bowl. I'm just going to incorporate into the oils at trace and mix it in good before I add the sea salt, should do well I think. I washed my face with a little clump of the ABS and I like it, lathers good too, and it didn't dry out my skin, so I think it will be a good addition and add to label appeal as well to those that have used this type of soap and are requesting it.

I got a pound in the mail today...lol..it looks like poop...wow. It does not smell bad though...kinda smokey..ill have to try a sliver and see how it does once I get over the look of it.

Jewls, let us know how you like it once you get a chance to try it out. I've heard some of it can be quite drying to the skin, but yours looks about the same color as mine, so it's probably good and mild. how much did it cost?

I got a pound for 7 dollars ...I also picked up 32oz of unrefined shea butter for $7..It is real nice. I was scared by the looks of it but I wanted to try it...it is just as it is described a soft soap...but gosh its icky looking.