New Blend?!

Just placed an order with CandleSource and Loren was telling me he is testing a new soy blend and hopes to add it to his line very soon...believe he said it would be a 60/40 blend. Something to play with over the lllooonnngg hot summer :) Forgot to mention he said the blend would include CO & USA so no additional additives would be needed :-)

Edited by lmc

:laugh2:That's right, Jeanie! It was quite the flop for me. Did you give up on it also?

Playing with the CBL125 now, and love it thus far; thanks!

I did...don't know what I'm going to use it for b/c am not sure it is even tart worthy. Maybe I shouldn't of said that.

Am working with 125 here as well along with a blender paraffin that I'm liking what it brings to the burn. If that fails, I did get my jars wicked with 125 and paper or premier wicks. Just trying a couple last things before I decide on a final wax or blend. Am gearing up for fall to go retail with everything. The B&B stuff is keeping me occupied, am having a great time with it along with finding a couple recipes I really like so far.

Did we ever find out if 125 is actually 4630?

Have you tried CS Smoke & Odor Remover in 125 yet? It was eye burning strong. Had to cut that one back in 125. Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine is another that is wonderful strong in 125. Have settled on using those two as my tester FOs while trying out wax or blends since I know they have major HT.

I did...don't know what I'm going to use it for b/c am not sure it is even tart worthy. Maybe I shouldn't of said that.

Am working with 125 here as well along with a blender paraffin that I'm liking what it brings to the burn. If that fails, I did get my jars wicked with 125 and paper or premier wicks. Just trying a couple last things before I decide on a final wax or blend. Am gearing up for fall to go retail with everything. The B&B stuff is keeping me occupied, am having a great time with it along with finding a couple recipes I really like so far.

Did we ever find out if 125 is actually 4630?

Have you tried CS Smoke & Odor Remover in 125 yet? It was eye burning strong. Had to cut that one back in 125. Peak Vanilla Bean Nectarine is another that is wonderful strong in 125. Have settled on using those two as my tester FOs while trying out wax or blends since I know they have major HT.

Jeanie, according to the person I spoke with at Candlewic, the 125 is not the same as the 4630; apparently they add something to it - and they aren't going to say what, lol

I think this is true, and here's why: when I used the 4630 it tended to smoke too much for my taste. But I do not get any soot/smoke with the 125, using same container, same FOs, same wick, same %, temps, etc. - which leads me to believe they are not exactly alike.

I'm going to try the FOs you mention, for sure. Have you tried the Black raspberry vanilla (either from Peak's or CScience) in the 125? If so, did they have a good HT?

For now, the zinc wicks seem to be working really well; what about you? Thanks! :smiley2:

Jeanie, according to the person I spoke with at Candlewic, the 125 is not the same as the 4630; apparently they add something to it - and they aren't going to say what, lol

I think this is true, and here's why: when I used the 4630 it tended to smoke too much for my taste. But I do not get any soot/smoke with the 125, using same container, same FOs, same wick, same %, temps, etc. - which leads me to believe they are not exactly alike.

I'm going to try the FOs you mention, for sure. Have you tried the Black raspberry vanilla (either from Peak's or CScience) in the 125? If so, did they have a good HT?

For now, the zinc wicks seem to be working really well; what about you? Thanks! :smiley2:

When I called they told me it was 4630....lol. Remember the day they were overrun with phone calls about their products?

Have not tried BRV from Peak or CS. The only others I've tried while testing were some from CC and AH/RE Black Cherry. Did try zincs and went back to paper wicks.

However, since mixing 125 with the other paraffin, it is working really well (for me) with Eco wicks. I think this will be the blend I settle on since the burn is very nice and HT is excellent.

Still have a boatload of 1 oz samples from TCS that I picked up along with the new wax. Can't wait to try them out.

What?! That's all you're going to tell me?? What boatload of FOs did you get? You've got to be the enabler this time, Jeanie, lol. Please, do tell; I need some new FOs, don't I?

Oh my...how selfish of me not to share. Walked downstairs and filled my robe pockets....Here they are:

Fresh Strawberries, Stargazer Lily, Orange Cantaloupe, Coffee Caramel Cream, Gardenia, Baked Apple Pie, OMH, Spiced Apples & Peaches, Grapefruit, Cucumber Melon, Bedtime bath, Cucumber Mint, Moonlight Path, Mulberry and Sugar Cookie :)

Forgot to report I will add the rest on next trip downstairs.....I think there are only maybe 5-8ish more.

Edited by jeanie353
additional

Oh my...how selfish of me not to share. Walked downstairs and filled my robe pockets....Here they are:

Fresh Strawberries, Stargazer Lily, Orange Cantaloupe, Coffee Caramel Cream, Gardenia, Baked Apple Pie, OMH, Spiced Apples & Peaches, Grapefruit, Cucumber Melon, Bedtime bath, Cucumber Mint, Moonlight Path, Mulberry and Sugar Cookie :)

Forgot to report I will add the rest on next trip downstairs.....I think there are only maybe 5-8ish more.

:laugh2:I'm trying to picture you with your stash in your pockets and the look that says, "Yep, I had my hand in the cookie jar!", lol

I do that sometimes, try to sneak something past hubby but get caught nearly every time, and then I hear him say, "You don't have to hide it, I saw the UPS man in front of our house... so how many hundreds more did you get?". He so loves to exaggerate!:rolleyes2 I don't think I have 100 FO total.

Of the ones you mention I tried the Spiced Apples and Peaches; I thought it good, but after trying Daystar, that's the only one I want. I have Cucumber melon but have not tried it yet. One I will be mixing tonight is Relaxation; just got a 1oz. and I hope it'll be a good one. I remember someone who used to sell a fragrance called Relaxation, and it was so good, but no idea who her supplier was; wouldn't it be nice if it was TCS?

Please let us know what you think of Cucumber mint, I've been eyeing that one.

Thank you, Jeanie!:)

lol....my pockets were filled to the brim and my robe was wobbling back and forth coming up here. Hubs did glance as I walked by....he's quite used to these type events around here lately.....or he thought....wow...my DW just gained some weight. :shocked2:

One of the ones I was hoping for is Spiced Apples and Peaches...dang! Will have to try Daystar (at a later date). Relaxation sounds great...Does it have lavender in it? Did a body lotion with Lavender and CS Baby Powder (might of been Peak)....it was a wonderful blend. Also, still on the hunt for a strong Apple Pie w/o a lot of spice if you know of one... if TCS doesn't turn out too well.

Cucumber Mint is a bit light OOB but we know that can change sometimes once they hit wax. Will be sure to report.

You are very welcome :)

Edited by jeanie353
typo(s)

lol....my pockets were filled to the brim and my robe was wobbling back and forth coming up here. Hubs did glance as I walked by....he's quite used to these type events around here lately.....or he thought....wow...my DW just gained some weight. :shocked2:

One of the ones I was hoping for is Spiced Apples and Peaches...dang! Will have to try Daystar (at a later date). Relaxation sounds great...Does it have lavender in it? Did a body lotion with Lavender and CS Baby Powder (might of been Peak)....it was a wonderful blend. Also, still on the hunt for a strong Apple Pie if w/o a lot of spice if you know of one if TCS doesn't turn out too well.

Cucumber Mint is a bit light OOB but we know that can change sometimes once they hit wax. Will be sure to report.

You are very welcome :)

Hurry up, Jeanie, because Daystar is having a clearance sale and MiMi's kitchen is on that list! I bought several pounds already, not sure what she has left, but it's $7 a pound (was $5.50 for 2 oz.). Yep, it's called Mimi's kitchen; someone I know renamed it Spiced Apples, but I call it American pie. It's super duper wonderful.

Check their blog and look at all the FOs she has on clearance. If you're interested, send her an email 'cause it may show "sold out" when in fact there may be some left; that's what I did with Mimi's.

I'll come back after I check on Relaxation, see if I can detect any lavender. Don't miss the clearance, her FOs are great!

Hurry up, Jeanie, because Daystar is having a clearance sale and MiMi's kitchen is on that list! I bought several pounds already, not sure what she has left, but it's $7 a pound (was $5.50 for 2 oz.). Yep, it's called Mimi's kitchen; someone I know renamed it Spiced Apples, but I call it American pie. It's super duper wonderful.

Check their blog and look at all the FOs she has on clearance. If you're interested, send her an email 'cause it may show "sold out" when in fact there may be some left; that's what I did with Mimi's.

I'll come back after I check on Relaxation, see if I can detect any lavender. Don't miss the clearance, her FOs are great!

Oh my....OK...Am going to have to go over there and grab that tomorrow, I guess. $7 a lb is way too good to pass up but I may have to be discreet in my purchase since I taxed the budget this month :tiptoe:

Also, thanks a bunch for posting the name. I'd of been looking for Spiced Apples and Peaches or Hot Apple Pie.

I'm so depressed! Went to Daystar and its not on sale anymore. :(

I know, it shows being something like $5.50 for 2 oz., but do email Stacy. That's how I found out it's on clearance (guess she does not update her site very often?).

She also has a phone number and a text number, but she probably answers her emails faster. I ordered Mimi's Thursday evening, it's supposed to be delivered today; can't wait!

Go get it, Jeanie; I'm sure you'll like it, a lot! :drool: