BCN lotion base

mzphee

I made up a batch of the BCN lotion base I added the recommended amt of fo plus 1% soybean oil. the lotion seems a bit thin almost as if its to much water in it, is there anyway to thicken this base up without bothering the chemical bal? I was reading and really getting mixed feels...I may have to try a different base....dont get me wrong my hands are soft but because of my darker skin tone I need it to be a little thicker to prevent me from being ashy lol...any suggestions

I love the BCN lotion base because it always is so nice & thick and I love the way it soaks into my skin. I wouldn't add anything to the base at all.

do you think it will thicken back up?

It is possible that the soybean oil may have thinned your lotion along with the FO. I have never had an issue with the BCN being thin, so I am guessing that there is an additive culprit here.

Edited by Noodle

We add soybean oil and FO into BCN lotion base and it stays thick...Could the lotion, FO and soybean oil ratio be off?

I took the ratio right off of BCN website, I think its just me I like a thicker lotion

You may like a thicker lotion, but BC lotion is not watery like you described. How was the base before you added in anything? Perhaps you did not get a good gallon. A few years ago, my base from BCN was very soupy. They replaced it at once. Could this be the problem?

I've never had it get thin on me either & I've been using it for years. Maybe try sending Flicker a message on their "live support" if they are online you can chat with her right away, if not it lets you leave a message and she will email you back when she is online.

Another thought, instead of soy oil maybe try something that solidifies at room temp - shea butter, coconut oil, etc. Melt it, mix it in well and see if that thickens it up to your liking as it cools. Just use the same ratio as you would for the soy oil. It can't hurt to try. I've used sweet almond oil before and it was fabulous too but I get my soy oil locally so why pay for shipping if I don't have to.

Edited by mparadise

You may like a thicker lotion, but BC lotion is not watery like you described. How was the base before you added in anything? Perhaps you did not get a good gallon. A few years ago, my base from BCN was very soupy. They replaced it at once. Could this be the problem?

I didnt say it was watery I said thin as if it has to much water in it. its not liquid by all means its just thin in my opinion. I did get this off the classified about 3wks ago so maybe it was old not sure. I just wanted some suggestion on how to thicken or if I could thicken it up. I will check with BCN but as I mention I didnt buy it straight from them...its second hand lol thanks for you help, im gonna keep playing with it and maybe even order some from them to compare. I think I picked the wrong words to describe this base

I've never had it get thin on me either & I've been using it for years. Maybe try sending Flicker a message on their "live support" if they are online you can chat with her right away, if not it lets you leave a message and she will email you back when she is online.

Another thought, instead of soy oil maybe try something that solidifies at room temp - shea butter, coconut oil, etc. Melt it, mix it in well and see if that thickens it up to your liking as it cools. Just use the same ratio as you would for the soy oil. It can't hurt to try. I've used sweet almond oil before and it was fabulous too but I get my soy oil locally so why pay for shipping if I don't have to.

I will try that I have those oils and butters here thank you