VERY first try at candles! adding new 'cane below!

younggrasshper

I read the photo embed section last night and had to try it today! I cracked the hurricane trying to take it out too soon and I didn't leave the pic a square (read after it was cooling that its easier to have a square.....oops) but all in all I'm happy with the result! its me and my husbands engagement pic from over 4 years ago! any tips are helpful and appreciated but i'll be reading the boards all night to learn!

post-2103-139458389215_thumb.jpg

Great first attempt! You can have a rounded or oval shaped pic, it just takes a little more effort to keep it oriented upright. Also usually a 'cane is without any color but if a color is translucent enough it can still glow well with a tealight or votive in it. On removing w/o cracking, if it does not slide out easily you can put in a freezer for just a couple of minutes to make it contract just enough to come out, but don't let it stay in too long or it will crack!

Make us more! :grin2:

geek

For a first try, you did good :) Mine left so much wax stuck to the mold the picture looked diseased..lol.

Keeping it even is one nice thing about using white wax. The picture itself can be any shape, just cut around the outide square and the paper edge can rest on the bottom. Makes it much easier to have it straight as well as centering top and bottom.