Goats Milk.. or not?

blacktieaffair

I posted a picture a while back, of a BRV mp soap I did, that had black embed chuncks in it and on top, with a clear raspberry colored overpour.

I made those special order for a lady, but a store saw them on my FB page, and wants to carry them.

The embeds, were made using Prarie Annie's GM MP recipe. The over pour was the same recipe without the GM.

I hate making labels.

I have a master label I use for all my soaps because I use the same recipe for everything.

Could I use this same label, that says " Goat's Milk Soap" Black Raspberry Vanilla ?

By weight, there is probably within an ounce, the same weight of embeds ( or more ) than there is the over pour that doesn't have GM in it.

I'll be curious what the experts say too. But, imo if you added goats milk then you could call it that - I mean the recipes I use only call for a TBS per pound and I call it that.... like I said, be curious what the experts say - thanks for raising this question.

Well, if there wasn't so much GM in the embeds, and so much of them... I'd make a label that said something like " Black Raspberry Vanilla Glycerin Soap.... with GM, Shea, cocoa, etc " on it. More or less that it would state that all those other additives were used, but not in huge quantities. PAnnies recipe calls for a large amount of GM for 2 lbs so , to me, it's a little more " goats milk" than something that calls for a tablespoon. Did that make sense to anyone other than me ?

Well, if there wasn't so much GM in the embeds, and so much of them... I'd make a label that said something like " Black Raspberry Vanilla Glycerin Soap.... with GM, Shea, cocoa, etc " on it. More or less that it would state that all those other additives were used, but not in huge quantities. PAnnies recipe calls for a large amount of GM for 2 lbs so , to me, it's a little more " goats milk" than something that calls for a tablespoon. Did that make sense to anyone other than me ?

BTA....It does to me...if that helps :)

I'm just beginning to get some friend/family activity on my soaps. My recipe is a blend of PA's and Candybee's for my base. I use the same recipe (additives) for almost all soaps made from all bases, except the clear ones.

I am calling them GM soap because they do have 1/2 cup of goat milk in each loaf which is a much larger amount than many other additives. I use SFIC bases, have the ingredient list but as far as I can find, there isn't a percentage of each ingredient disclosed. Since they are the usual ingredients of CP or M&P soap, I'm going to stay with calling them GM unless I can find something that tells me legally not to.

The odd thing (to me) I found in the SFIC low sweat white base is that purified water is listed as the 5th ingredient, lye 6th and glycerin 4th.

Edited by jeanie353
typo

BTA....It does to me...if that helps :)

I'm just beginning to get some friend/family activity on my soaps. My recipe is a blend of PA's and Candybee's for my base. I use the same recipe (additives) for almost all soaps made from all bases, except the clear ones.

I am calling them GM soap because they do have 1/2 cup of goat milk in each loaf which is a much larger amount than many other additives. I use SFIC bases, have the ingredient list but as far as I can find, there isn't a percentage of each ingredient disclosed. Since they are the usual ingredients of CP or M&P soap, I'm going to stay with calling them GM unless I can find something that tells me legally not to.

The odd thing (to me) I found in the SFIC low sweat white base is that purified water is listed as the 5th ingredient, lye 6th and glycerin 4th.

Ok, someone who knows more about this than I do.. please explain.

I was under the impression, that they went in order as to what was more in the soap.. So, just because Im totally dumb and don't know the answer to this...........

Wouldn't, if it had more lye in it, make it more of a CP kind of soap?

Im sure there are soap pros rolling their eyes at me on that one , but honestly, Im still so new to this, and know nothing of CP... maybe yall will forgive me if that's a dumb question.

Edited by blacktieaffair

Ok, someone who knows more about this than I do.. please explain.

I was under the impression, that they went in order as to what was more in the soap.. So, just because Im totally dumb and don't know the answer to this...........

Wouldn't, if it had more lye in it, make it more of a CP kind of soap?

Im sure there are soap pros rolling their eyes at me on that one , but honestly, Im still so new to this, and know nothing of CP... maybe yall will forgive me if that's a dumb question.

The order of ingredients with the highest to lowest was how I always thought it went as well. If this is the case, the water content is low in this particular M&P with the glycerin content being just a bit higher. Above that in order in #1 place was CO, Palm Oil, Safflower, then glycerin, with the last few being Sorbitol, Sorbitan, Soybean Protein and finally Titanium Dioxide.

Maybe someone with CP experience can help us out here but I thought distilled water would be the #1 ingredient (or another liquid in its place).

Edited by jeanie353
typo