New quilt I'm ready to start hand quilting

SliverOfWax

I used a 2 yard piece, 44" wide, for the center. It's outlined in the dark green, then rows of 1/2 sq triangles from the green 'frame' to the edges.

Ignore the little crinkles. They'll be gone when it's finished. I don't have a place to take decent pictures and my computer camera doesn't take good pictures, anyway.

I'm in love with Alexander Henry pinups. I have a couple more 2 yard pieces of other pinup fabrics on order.

You can see the basting thread I machine sewed in 4" squares, which is where I'll be hand quilting. When I'm done, I'll rip out the basting stitches.

I really enjoy this kind of themed quilting. It's easy, goes fairly quickly, and tells a story.

The second picture is just a closeup of the fabric.

Snapshot_20120405.jpg

Large_EV-330-1.jpg

If you can hem a skirt, you can hand quilt.

Then that leaves me out. LOL! I can sew on a button, fix a tear, and sew on patches. This is the extent of my ability. I have never hemmed a thing in my life. I can cook anything on earth from my head, but I am pretty handicapped with a needle and thread. I greatly admire a talent like yours.

• 4 weeks later...