Jump to content

new mottle different FO


geekrunner
 Share

Recommended Posts

This one came out much more uniform than the previous one. This one I did not add any stearic, used only 5 drops dye rather than 7, used 5% Black Cherry Bomb FO from Candlemaker's Store. Same pouring conditions, but removed from mold without a second pour because DW did not get good vent holes poked in it. It bled worse than the other. I'm cutting it open then remelting it and adding stearic. However, here is a pic:

post-116-139458389193_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mottling on that looks really good and I love the colour - what's it called?

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The dye is called Burgundy, from MillCreek. I used five drops in 1.5 lbs (or 3.3 kilos). I cut it up to remelt and check on any air pockets, but there were none even though I did not poke any relief holes in it! :confused: It was solid all the way through.

geek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the second pillar after remelt and adding 3% palm stearic. Heated to 190*, stirred and repoured in preheated mold. It was alot less slimy but still needed a little wipedown, as you can see by the paper towel. Not happy that it did not mottle all the way through but it still looks pretty good, at least mrs geek likes it:

post-116-139458389491_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...