Soapmakers Guild Insurance Anyone Use it

smellywax

Have any of you who have insurance with the Soapmakers Guild had to use it or know someone that has had to use it. Just wondering how smooth it went. I know whenever you purchase travel insurance there are some companies that make claims easy and some that take forever so I was just wondering what kind of record the Insurance company has with handling claims in our field.

No one on here has had to make a claim with the Soap Guild Insurance? If you have had to make a claim and have insurance elsewhere, can you let me know how the process was. I just want to know what the best one is out there if I ever need to because as I was reading through the policy it just seems like it excludes soooo much and has many loopholes to benefit them. Everyone is always saying to make sure you have insurance which I have had with the soap guild but it doesn't help if the insurance doesn't really cover you that much or is hard to work with....that's why I want to make a good decision and see if there is better insurance out there or to renew.

Out of curiosity I looked at soapmakers guild (though I'm just a hobbyist, not in business)--is that $500 a year? Wow you must sell alot of soap to make a profit over that. I understand the need for liability insurance but had no idea it was so expensive.

Honestly, I think the Soap Guild insurance is beyond cheap. I get the 2 million coverage. Living in New Jersey, I would have to pay MUCH, MUCH more to find anything remotely decent. I can see where it seems like a lot to a hobbyist though.

Edited by Noodle