Ebay rules - can you refuse to sell to someone?

ksranch

My eyes are crossed from wasting two hours searching for the answer on Ebay and can't find it so hoped someone here would know for sure - If a 'buyer' basically (I won't go into the whole ridiculas thing) threatens to report me for NO reason if I don't ship her orders (3) for FREE - can I just cancel her orders and refund her money and be done?? Or is that against their friggin rules or something?? :angry2: TIA

I think you can cancel the transaction if the buyer is not following the terms as laid out in your auction. I had someone in Africa or something win one of my auctions, even though I said No International Shipping (since it was free shipping). She understood & we cancelled it no problem.

My eyes are crossed from wasting two hours searching for the answer on Ebay and can't find it so hoped someone here would know for sure - If a 'buyer' basically (I won't go into the whole ridiculas thing) threatens to report me for NO reason if I don't ship her orders (3) for FREE - can I just cancel her orders and refund her money and be done?? Or is that against their friggin rules or something?? :angry2: TIA

As far as I know it isn't against any rule but run the risk of them leaving you a negative FB. They do it for all kinds of crazy reasons now that the seller can't leave them the same.

You can file a report with eBay stating the buyer is threatening you about the free shipping. I don't know if that will buy you enough time to avoid a negative feedback though. As soon as you file the report, the buyer will get a copy. With any luck he/she may back off.

You can block a buyer from purchasing from you on future orders.

I think eBay got it all wrong when they stopped allowing sellers to leave a negative FB for buyers.

Unless e-Bay changed its policies you can block a buyer, just do a search in the help section for block buyer.

You enter the buyer using their username and put them on your block buyer's list. I did it for a few "special" people when I was selling on e-Bay but that was a few years ago.

What details regarding shipping did you post with your item? That may give you your graceful out of the situation.