Container Wax

I like IGI 4627 "Comfort Blend." It's got a strong HT and CT, and you can make vibrant colors. It's got excellent adhesion to the glass, so minimal wet spots for me. It doesn't get the glass container as hot as some others. I like using zinc wicks with it. I don't like using HTP wicks with it. I might try CD wicks too.

HorsescentS,

Would you please give some recommendations on wick sizes? I use the 6 oz. jelly jars and the salsa jars that are about 3" in diameter.

I use 464 Soy...but You might want to try CD or CDN 12 or 14 and wick up or down from there.

Edited by Bottlecrafters

HorsescentS,

Would you please give some recommendations on wick sizes? I use the 6 oz. jelly jars and the salsa jars that are about 3" in diameter.

How wide and tall are the 6 oz jelly jars? You could try a 51z in them. Try a 60z and a 62z in the 3" diameter salsa jar.

Hi Dliteful!

When I started making container candles over 11 years ago I started with the paraffin 4786 container wax. I hate the 2nd pours, but I just love the results I get from it....it has never let me down. I use the zinc wicks with this wax.:smiley2:

Edited by puma52

I use CB-135 EcoSoya brand I have found it is the best preforming of my container waxes but I have not experimented with a whole lot of different kinds. I will say I have used Paraffin also but I do not like working with it. I call it my iccy sticky gooey wax but the scent throw is great. I also have a vegetable wax C-3 container wax.

Thanks, I will give it a try. I am not real serious about making candles (I only make melts) but I would like to make some to keep around the house for myself. So far the few I have made don't have a hot throw. I have only tried them with the 44z and 51z.