Vibrant Colors in Melt and Pour?

flairforlife

I am new to the m&p, and this has probably been discussed. Just wanted to know from you that have been doing this for awhile if you can get the pretty colors like the 3 swirl method, and the coat hanger method? I have the TKB mica sampler pk, and the Liquid colors on the way. I have clear base and white base. But so far I have found that the soap after melted dosent stay creamy very long and lumps up, or either is too runny to do what I want to do in some of the tutorials I have watched. My embeds colored great. Any tips would be appreciated.

Its much easier to get vivid, bright, strong colors in clear bases. Opaque bases like white, shea, goat milk, etc. are much harder because they are opaque. Opaque or "white" bases have titanium dioxide in them to make them white and its hard to get black or deep red for example. But it can be easily done with clear bases because they have no titanium dioxide in them.

Swirling colors in M&P has a learning curve. You will just have to play around with it to see what works with what kind of swirl. M&P is different from CP when it comes to trying swirls out. Making swirls in CP is easier I think because the raw soap is anywhere from slightly 'thick' to very 'thick' because of trace. You aren't working with trace in M&P. With M&P you may need to let the base cool a bit before swirling or pour two different colored bases simultaneously to get a swirl effect.